The self education I was talking about was about ufo's, not religion
Sorry; I thought it was this post;

Bayview as I said before, anyone who hasn't done any research or reading on this matter hasnt a clue and yours is exactly the reaction I would expect of such a person. Don't bother trying to think about it, its way too big a subject to just make statements on without some self education. I am a total aethiest with quite an education in spirituality (how can you make a decision on this without delving into all aspects of it) and the thinking is, we are all gods in charge of our own destinies, not giving our power away to another person like a representative of religion
The connection towards the end mentioned spirituality; hence my anti-religion rant.

But anyway; UFO's...

What we need is for some very, very old ex-Air Force types, Astronauts, and/or ex-Airline Pilots etc, to come forward and speak openly about their experiences in their life.

Why very very old? because they are more likely - due to their huge amount of time on earth and in the skies - to have seen a UFO.

But none ever come forward..why is that?

Maybe some have? I can't recall any.

At least we still have the farmers down in the USA mid-west to keep us up to date.

What we need is for some very, very old ex-Air Force types, Astronauts, and/or ex-Airline Pilots etc, to come forward and speak openly about their experiences in their life.

Why very very old? because they are more likely - due to their huge amount of time on earth and in the skies - to have seen a UFO.

But none ever come forward..why is that?

Maybe some have? I can't recall any.

Quite a number of high ranking and/or reputable people have claimed to have sighted UFOs including NASA astronauts, CIA officials, US Air Force pilots, former US president Jimmy Carter (he was with a party of about 10 others who also saw the object) as well as pilots and military personnel from around the world. There are also a number of leaked documents which refer to UFOs and the need to keep the information classified. People have also been threatened and some have lost their jobs due to speaking about their sightings.

Keep in mind, UFO means unidentified flying object and does not necessarily mean an alien spacecraft. If the craft does not match any known craft in description, it can be categorised as a UFO.

High ranking military officials have seen UFOs and they are much more familiar with current military technology than Dwayne the corn farmer so there's less of a chance of their mistaking a stealth drone test run for a UFO. Some of the descriptions given by credible sources match no current existing crafts or technology.

There have also been sightings witnessed by very large crowds of people. The Phoenix Lights are the best example. The object appeared over Phoenix, Arizona and Sonora, Mexico in 1997 (and reappeared in 2007 and 2008 but these sightings were less significant). The official military explanation ('dropping flares') does not match the description given by residents.

In 1997, members of local government had their jobs threatened, they were to go along with the official line of 'dropped flares from a military craft'. The then Governor of Phoenix, a former US Air Force pilot, turned the whole thing into a farce (he brought along an alien mascot to a press conference) but interestingly once he was retired and his job was longer at stake said:

"I'm a pilot and I know just about every machine that flies. It was bigger than anything that I've ever seen. It remains a great mystery. Other people saw it, responsible people. I don't know why people would ridicule it

It was enormous and inexplicable. Who knows where it came from? A lot of people saw it, and I saw it too. It was dramatic. And it couldn't have been flares because it was too symmetrical. It had a geometric outline, a constant shape.

As a pilot and a former Air Force Officer, I can definitively say that this craft did not resemble any man made object I'd ever seen. And it was certainly not high-altitude flares because flares don't fly in formation."

Keep in mind, over 700 people sighted the 1997 craft. This was not one or two slack jawed yokels trying to get on the telly. And dropped flares just don't match the description given.

Personally, I'm undecided about UFOs. There have been too many unexplained events to dismiss the idea of extraterrestrial spacecrafts entirely. I'm leaning towards the 'secret military technology' explanation, but even that doesn't explain all of the sightings.

devank,Good point!

Personally i don't use wifi but i am surrounded by asbestos.

Wifi may well be the new asbestos,time will tell.

Ps.It's the knowing that counts,not the account on the meter ;)

Back