Allhomes sold

Canberra's best (and possibly Australia's best) property website has been sold to Fairfax

My wife was made redundant due to the website she worked for being bought out by Fairfax before it was onsold.

I saw that on the news tonight. They said they would be merging Allhomes and Domain - will be interesting to see what they actually do with it.

Fairfax is struggling on the paper front, so gaining more exposure into the lucrative property advertising biz is a prudent move. The consolidation will no doubt create 'efficiencies' aka sacking redundant roles.

I do wonder, will AllHomes being consolidated into Domain result in a stronger domain, or fragment a portion of their customer base over to realestate.com.au.

I do wonder, will AllHomes being consolidated into Domain result in a stronger domain, or fragment a portion of their customer base over to realestate.com.au.

I agree the Canberra market has latched onto Allhomes as a brand so strongly, I believe they prefer it by a good distance to re.com.au

Yep, can confirm :)

I think they need to keep it separate from re.com.au

Cheers

Jamie

That would seem the wisest move (at least for first few yrs) to just allow the brand to continue independently and slowly bring the back end cost savings in by removing duplication in the teams that run domain and all homes. Perhaps over time they can merge but its a risk if its not done well the result would be a net loss to other players in the market.

Haha this would probably explain the full on ads on all the buses in Canberra now!

Got to admit, they do make buses prettier to look at.

Allhomes, from my understanding, is the main source of advertising in Canberra. I don't go on other sources very much for my Canberra related investing.

Back