Alternative to tiles in bathroom - experiences?

Thanks to those at the MIG meeting in February who suggested a few places where I might find large waterproof panels that can be used on bathroom walls instead of tiles. I tracked down one type called Ceramilite from parbury.com.au. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has installed them or a similar product. Was it easy to do? Did they look good once installed?

Also, I've seen in an architectural magazine before that galvanised corrugated iron panels can be used for bathroom walls and shower splashbacks. Has anyone tried this and was it straightforward to do?

Hi Fiona
I have used the parbury panels inside a shower when I did up some budget units I used to own. Looked good for the quality of the units, depends on what level of finish you are after

Thanks to those at the MIG meeting in February who suggested a few places where I might find large waterproof panels that can be used on bathroom walls instead of tiles. I tracked down one type called Ceramilite from parbury.com.au. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has installed them or a similar product. Was it easy to do? Did they look good once installed?

Also, I've seen in an architectural magazine before that galvanised corrugated iron panels can be used for bathroom walls and shower splashbacks. Has anyone tried this and was it straightforward to do?

FYI, here's a link to a photo from Jas using corrugated iron:
http://www.somersoft.com/forums/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=74

John.

Back