Amalgamating 3 separate strata plans.

Anyone able to point me in the direction of how this can be done? Or have experience in doing so? Benefits? Downsides?

I'm specifically referring to NSW and merging three separate strata plans (managed by two different companies) sharing lot of land with 3 subdivisions. There are 3 buildings, each on a separate lot but sharing communal facilities (pool, parking, driveway etc) with the others.

It seems like a misuse of funds and unnecessary admin overheads.

RF the property may have been developed in 3 stages being a stratum development. Each building has been subdivided with its own SP and common areas within the SP yet there's an overarching Stratum of which the sp's form part.

Getting the approval of the plan of consolidation will probably require the agreement of all owners (as you are going to wind up the SP).

You will need to submit plans to amalgamate the site then a DA strata subdivision (new survey plans, uniform by-laws etc) risking every BCA upgrade as a condition of consent. You might be the most popular person in the complex, then again the rest of the 3 BC's might run you out of town.

RF the property may have been developed in 3 stages being a stratum development. Each building has been subdivided with its own SP and common areas within the SP yet there's an overarching Stratum of which the sp's form part.

Getting the approval of the plan of consolidation will probably require the agreement of all owners (as you are going to wind up the SP).

You will need to submit plans to amalgamate the site then a DA strata subdivision (new survey plans, uniform by-laws etc) risking every BCA upgrade as a condition of consent. You might be the most popular person in the complex, then again the rest of the 3 BC's might run you out of town.

Thanks Scott.

Far as I know the buildings were developed in 3 stages.

So approval would be needed from 100% of owners?

The reason I ask is actually that a number of the owners are keen on the idea of amalgamation, just not sure of what's involved (costs and process)..

To first dissolve the existing strata schemes you need unanimous agreement ie everyone with an interest ie mortgagees (possibly those who have lesser interests as well eg tenants with registered leases, tenants on unregistered leases, licensees, thoses benefitting from covenants, easements or rights of carriageway etc).

Since the establishment of strata subdivision only 4% have been terminated.

Back