Amazing Water Consumption

our 11 yo has a habit of turning on water to pretend she's showering and then stand in front of the mirror looking at herself
just now i had to come and bang on the bathroom door and i saw her jumping into the bath :rolleyes:

we don't have any latches on the bathroom door so in worst cases my partner can come in and supervise her showering :D

I'm just waiting to get a notice on one of my IPs in QLD as per the following:

http://www.qwc.qld.gov.au/High+volume+users

the tenant is supposed to reimburse for all the water use as per lease, as it is water efficient. However, we all know the tenant can choose to pay or not, so I've no idea whether I'll get reimbursed.

If council send ME a notice "to rectify the extra water usage" I think I will wipe my butt on it and send it back. What the **** do council expect ME to do? I suppose they will send ME some sort of fine? Perhaps I will be expected to prove how many persons are living in the household?

Water bills should be totally seperate from rates and council charges - and be charged direct to the RESIDENT as per electricity - along with the supply charge! Maybe things will change eventually - but landlords do not make enough noise for anything to happen soon. I also think some people do not understand the huge difference between being charged DIRECTLY and being responsible for payment or else, vs being asked to reimburse with little or no consequence if you fail to do so.

Back