Amongst friends

W

WebBoard

Hello to all,

During a quiet times a couple of days ago, I did a search through google for "property investor australia" and came up with this forum.

Having purchased my first investment property about 6 years ago and now having 3, this forum is incredibly interesting to me and provides the kind of information that I am really after.

I would like to say thanks to whoever has set it up and I look forward to sending a few posts now and again.

Regards

Glenn Mott
[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Hi Glenn and welcome

Congratulations on achieving 3 IP's. Most people who buy an IP stop at one.

What books or other materials helped you on your way?

Regards

Paul Zag
Dreamspinner

Reply: 1.1

Hi Paul,

Books...well I guess the first one that got me fired up was lent to me by my school teacher at the time, a gentlemen by the name of Paul Rayner (who subsequently left teaching to become a Real Estate Agent and eventually had his own agency) who leant me the book "The Richest Man in Babylon". It did not mean much to me at the time, but 16 years later I saw the book on a bookshelf and bought a copy...very Zen, simple, effective and inspiring

Making Money by Paul Clithero, all of Robert Kiyosaki's books (have bought all friends and family a copy of Rich Dad, Poor Dad) are some of the better ones I have read.

As I am studying, working full time and managing my props, little time is available for extra curricular reading at the moment, but the next books I wish to read are "Millionaire Next Door" and on of the Jan & Ian Sommers books.

"Richest Man in Babylon" is my eternal fave and has been read over and over again. It is one of those books that can really lift you out of the doldrums if you ever get down and also talks about how being financially secure is something good for your family.

Regards

Arkad

Back