And so my journey begins...IP #1

Well done Nixba....

Many more to come and a life long journey started....

Best of luck and see you in the Bahamas....

Hi guys

Thanks so much for all your kindness and support. I also forgot to mention the size of the unit is 84m2.

In response to some of the questions:

Pretty decent looking buy for a firsty.

When you say unit, are they freestanding villas or what configuration? How old is it may I ask? Sorted your depreciation schedule?

Thanks dtraeger2k. The depreciation schedule is being sorted next couple of weeks, and the property is ~35 yrs old. The pics highlight the configuration.

Lovely stuff. And the pricing is not too demanding.

The Southern Cross and Confederate flag speak volumes.

Where did you get em?

Just telling signs of my teenage years One World haha :D.

As you and others have rightfully alluded to, the Harley Davidson in the garage and the flags perfectly describe the demographic of the tenant. Lovely older gentleman, still works full time, yet to be late on a rent payment, lives alone, and by the looks of it has disposable income (also has a ute out the front). Has an interest in archery so was telling us how he was planning to buy a $1000 bow!

Congrats!! I recall this seller had a few on the market. Correct me if wrong.

Thanks so much MsAli. There was 12 on the market initially, but they all got snapped up very quickly.

Kind regards,
Nixba

Thanks so much for all your kindness and support. I also forgot to mention the size of the unit is 84m2.

I had contracts issued to me the day these units came on the market at $200k and I signed them and paid deposit within 2 hours - the next day I was advised they'd been sold to other people. :eek: Anyhow this is a great purchase at $205k mate, well done.

Is the size 84sqm including the car spaces or excluding mate?

I had contracts issued to me the day these units came on the market at $200k and I signed them and paid deposit within 2 hours - the next day I was advised they'd been sold to other people. :eek: Anyhow this is a great purchase at $205k mate, well done.

Is the size 84sqm including the car spaces or excluding mate?

Thanks for the kind words jmillar. I'm glad to hear you've found yourself another good property at Jamisontown. Congrats!

The size is including the car space, which is 19sqm. Unit is 65sqm by itself.

I'm not surprised they are still listed DaveM....

The RE agent will be bombarded with people asking about the properties: 'unfortunately these have just been sold but we do have........'.

Cheers,
N

Hi guys,

Was just reading this old thread, and I just wanted to give you an update on how this property has performed over the past 12 months. I have recently had the property valued and it came back at $275,000 - which equates to a $70,000 equity increase in<12 months, or 34.14% equity growth.

This positions me well to purchase #3 and #4 and l look forward to continuing to share my journey in the hope of motivating young investors to take action and get involved in property. Stay tuned.

Kind regards,
Nixba.

Congrats

When/where did IP#2 come in?

Hi Redwing,

Thanks for the kind words.

Here is the link to the thread for purchase #2 (settlement was 17 Feb 2014):

http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1135957#post1135957

I try to provide as much detail and clarity as I can; and will continue to into the future with future deals so people (especially young investors) can track my journey and hopefully take some motivation out of the fact that if I can do it, anyone can!

Kind regards,
Nixba.

Makes an inspiring read nixba, well done. What are your plans for #3 and 4!

Thanks for the kind words sandyfeet.

I'm just finalising my top up on St Marys & my next pre-approval, which will see me with approx $50,000 in cash to play with. I've also got a further $15,000 that I won't touch as it's for contingency on the current properties. I like to try to work on $5,000 in contingency funds per property (just in case) - which sits in an offset account. I'll be ready to start hunting in early/mid August, exciting times ahead :D

Will post my progress as and when #3 goes unconditional.

N.

Congratulations love reading about other young investors, did you use a buyers agent with the latest purchase or did you do all your own d.d

Nixba, as a young investor myself, this is a great read.

Those returns are incredibly impressive and an exceptional start to your investing journey.

Most people i speak to dont jump of the blocks as well as you have. :)

Congrats.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm just about to start the search for #3 once I get back from overseas so I'll keep you posted on how that goes and share the details once it goes unconditional.

Thanks,
N.

Back