And this guy might help control our future - Ricky Muir

I'm not saying I'd do any better ...but this is scary ..

Ricky muir is going to have a deciding vote in the new senate and mike was being gentle with him . He didn't need to be anything else but gentle and Ricky committed what in any other corcumstances political suicide .

If people saw this sort of performance before the election , would he have got any votes . As it is he's in the senate for the next six years .

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-06-09/ricky-muir-explains-balance-of-power/5509210

Cliff

Watched the Palmer Party last night on TV

How was Clive with his mike still on talking in the background and prepping the team when they were supposed to be giving 'off the cuff' comments

Serves him right for teaming up with Palmer!

He should just resign before this joke goes around the world.

Dont watch much telly but saw the whole segment yesterday

I dont know that I would do any better without the right mentorship.

I am hopeful he has the right heart, the guts and the intuition to not toe the party line where it really matters.

As I become older, more and more I subscribe to the advice I was once given by tuck shop mum when I was doing some mornings in my kids school.

"Stop whining and make a difference............"

Thats what Ricky is looking to do. Yes he has an extremely narrow and deep idea on policy at the moment given his roots, but as in all humans there is deep potential there. He has won the confidence of his people with a process that some see as "irrelevant", yet he has the courage to do what I dont, so lets see how the new kid does.

Onto his leader..........with so much dough, and so much related clout and access to respurces I am quite dissapointed that Clive hasnt shown a little more investment in his PUPS people skills. I wont let my new broker mentorees out on clients without some coaching in that area if they need it, so why let your foot soldiers fighting what you value for out with appropriate armour ? Perhaps the raw edge of relateability is what they are trying to bring to the table here ?

Im hopeful its early days and that the PUP does grow into a loyal, relatable tough and spotty street smarts mongrel with real policies that it could be.

I hope for Clive that he does surround himself with advisers that can stand up to him and not be a door mat.

I honestly believe that will make the difference between a wasted opportunity vs what could be a new political awakening in Australia.

ta
rolf

Yeah that was unreal BHP. I think Abbott wanted to punch that reporter.

But anyway Muir should resign. He's not much smarter than Ms Hanson. There are horses for courses. Stick to something ya good at!

Dont watch much telly but saw the whole segment yesterday

I dont know that I would do any better without the right mentorship.

I am hopeful he has the right heart, the guts and the intuition to not toe the party line where it really matters.

Was he as useless in the whole interview?

Public speaking and interviewing is a skill that can be learnt and he obviously needs some lessons. Undoubtedly he won't end up being a master, but he might be able to develop enough skills to get by.

It's probably the first time he's done a real interview. Hell, even having to wear make up was probably a first and threw him.

Ricky muir is going to have a deciding vote in the new senate and mike was being gentle with him . He didn't need to be anything else but gentle and Ricky committed what in any other corcumstances political suicide .

If people saw this sort of performance before the election , would he have got any votes . As it is he's in the senate for the next six years .

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-06-09/ricky-muir-explains-balance-of-power/5509210

Cliff

Some good will come of him being elected - reform of the voting system. This bloke got the record lowest first preference votes of an elected senator, 0.51%.

Hi

I also watched the segment on Clive Palmer and his pups.

I am going to hold off judgement till Ricky Muir is in fact involved in the negotiations of Parliament.

But maybe it is a good thing that Clive Palmer has encouraged his pups to go overseas and mingle with others in this circumstance and let them really be themselves.

I bet Clive Palmer has his own idea's of how his pups should be and whether he lets them all be themselves or he send them off to boot camp, it will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

One thing I noticed is that Ricky Muir says he works in a timber mill....the greenies would want to kill him for that!

Regards,

alicudi

Watching that interview reminded me of the first time I was in a television studio being interviewed in front of a camera.
I couldn't get the camera's presence out of my mind, my bottom lip started to quiver, I started to feel hot as I fought to bring myself under control.
It was like a panic attack but so unexpected as I usually stay calm and collected when interacting in public.

Don't worry - he can't form any policy on his own. He only gets to choose between the policies of the lefties and righties when the time comes that they are in disagreement about something where they want to change legislation (govt is about much more than just changing legislation). Both sides have reasonably well thought out policies already (whether or not you support them personally) but someone has to choose between them right? It is the constitutional function of the Senate anyway to be a house of review and ensure any changes to the law should have broader support than just one electoral cycle.

If he demands too much of anyone they will ignore him and he has no impact. The default position if he and his ilk don't play ball with either side is that we retain the status quo and legislation doesn't get changed. In order to change the law you need control of the lower house as well so it's not as if the opposition can ever run the show. So it's not the end of the world... the worst outcome is the government may not get to do everything it wants to do. Many would see that as a good thing, regardless of who is sitting on the government benches.

But yes, having said all that, I fully support reforming the Senate electoral system to above the line preferential voting only, exactly the same as the lower house. This would remove the ability for someone like this to be elected with only 0.51% of the primary vote. I have no idea why we still have different voting systems for the lower and upper houses. Of course Mr Muir is likely to vote against a reform like this in the Senate but that doesn't matter if both parties decide it's both in their interests and the national interest.

Cliff

Ha ha poor guy - he's just got stage fright and we can't tell anything about him from this.

Typical Mike Willessee!! As a kid I used to love watching his reporters chasing 'villains' through backyards and over fences. Or harrass some family at their back door until someone comes out raging in their pyjamas. :p

Meanwhile MW is sitting there all smug.

Remember when MW was drunk on his current affair program. What a laugh. They quickly took him off during a break and he got suspended.

That's who he reminds me of................

dumb+4.jpg

Back