Andrea Sutton??

Does anyone know much about Andrea Sutton who was sort of featured on todaytonight last week? The story started out about her and her 35 properties {cashflow positive} and ended up being shanghied by Neil Bloody Jenman. There may have been something to learn.

I saw that report,

didn't understand what in hell it was about...

As you say, it started out interesting, and I would have liked to have known more about how she did it, and her in general.

But yep, there was flaming idiot Jenman, yet again, spouting bullshyt.

I think this story deserves the "Worst editing EVER" award...

I really have no idea what it's point was.

However, a transcript can be found here .

I'm not sure if this was another attempt at media-fear-mongering trying to 'burst-the-psychological-bubble"

Who knows?

Aparrently not channel 7.

asy :D

LOL...........

Sack the editor of that story, what a mess!!

The topics quite simply don't link together.

It starts out as a positive story explaining how people can better themselves and ends up as a rave at unscrupulous shysters.

If they had continued the first topic to its logical conclusion and explained about due diligence, Mr Jenman could then have confirmed the need for dd.

Too easy.

Macca :)

"Ms Sutton's passion for real estate is shared by her daughter Elira, 12, who is already a landlord of three properties."

Who would give a 12 year old a loan to buy a property?

:confused:

Sorry people to lead you along the Jenman path. My true focus for the thread was to try to find out if anyone knows or had more to say about a real life hero called Andrea Sutton who is already living the goal. So, does anyone know more about her than was on todaytonight???????

Assuming the Andrea Sutton story is reliably reported (a big assumption) could I suggest to all the Freestyler coordinators who lurk hereon (yes you know who you are :) ) to try to track down Ms Sutton and get her along to talk at some Freestyler meetings!!!!

C'mon Rob get cracking!

This story was pointed out to me by a colleague (a single male).

He sent me an email asking me "Do you know her? Is she married?"

I opened the reference he sent me, and it said,

"Single mother of two..."

Though he was actually thinking of that other married person I know who owns a lot of property, known to many as "The Wife".

Originally posted by geoffw
He sent me an email asking me "Do you know her? Is she married?"

I opened the reference he sent me, and it said,

"Single mother of two..."

Which brings the other distinguishing feature of most humans. They don't pay attention!

I ran an ad this week for new distibutors that said "reliable vehicle is essential" and got 2 applicants without a vehicle and one applicant without a license (ok this peson had a point).

All of my good deals come from paying attention. Not superior knowledge, experience, intelligence or sexiness ;)

Regards

Paul Zag
Dreamspinner

Paul,
All of my good deals come from paying attention. Not superior knowledge, experience, intelligence or sexiness
I don't have that many good deals.

I have a property in "close to inner Canberra" which returns about 9%- with some good room for improvement, once the builders get a little quiet. In an area which has some good growth prospects- though perhaps a little firther down the track now.

The place was advertised for a few weeks as a "relocatable". It was a turnoff for many.

It was only after I enquired (attracted by the dual income bit in fine print) that I found out that it had a good return, in a very good area- with dual occupancy approved in Canberra where they are not approving dual occs.

There were people in the Canberra investment community who had seen the ad, and did not think it worth following up.

Most of my good deals - and indeed most of the other good things that have happened to me were purely opportunistic - being in the right place at the right time.

So where is the right place and when is the right time ? Ahh well... that's the trick now isn't it ? :D

I suppose it comes down to paying attention really !

- paying attention to what your financial situation is, so that you will know what is possible when the opportunity arises
- paying attention to what your goals are and where you want to be, so that you will be able to measure an opportunity and determine if it fits your needs
- paying attention to those people who seem to understand what things are good to pay attention to, so that you can learn from their experiences and leverage their skills
- paying attention to what is going on around you and listening and learning, so that you can learn about opportunities that may present themselves
- paying attention to what possibilities may arise out of certain situations, so that you can think and plan ahead and even position yourself for opportunities that may happen to appear.

My 13 yr old son and I also saw the story on Andrea Sutton. We emailed Today Tonight to ask for contact details so that we could find out about a 12 yr old owning property (we figured trust). Still, if you want the info you go to the source.

To cut a long story short, they did a story on us this week under the story title 'Teenage Investor". Should be shown next week sometime. My main gripe, and I suppose I really should wait until they air it, is that with editing they can make the story into whatever they want.

We spoke of the 3 D's in investing to which her reply was "Aren't you profiting from others misfortune?" Talk about a curve ball. I spoke to her after the interview and told her that that question had nothing whatsoever to do with the topic (A teenager saving for his first IP) and asked her not to include it in the story as I wanted the story to be nothing but positive so that other kids might follow what our son is doing. She agreed not to, time will tell.

Last but definately not least, STEVE NAVRA was also interviewed for the story as our son intends to put his money into Steve's Managed Fund in March. Great story...13 yr old has investment advisor.

Will post when it is going to air.

JUDE!!!

Great to hear from you again!!!

How areya!!!???!!!

Congrats on your son's IPing!

Love to hear more about it.

I am an original forumite who has been in hibernation. Working way too hard in the past year.

I have done the seminars (not the expensive ones, cheap or free!) and read the books that most on the forum have and I have met and spoken with the forum members. From this I have taken a bit from here and a bit from there and do my own thing.

I have 5 IP's and a PPOR.

Don't think much of the current education system and don't believe that University is all it's cracked up to be these days. Used to be the ticket to freedom, not now though.

I like Steve Navra and his system. Didn't know that God still invented genuinely nice people who actually are sincere in their quest to help their fellow man.

Dale GG has my business and I refer anyone who mentions the word accountant to him.

Um, is that enough? Simple question, harder to answer than I thought.

Originally posted by paulzag
I ran an ad this week for new distibutors that said "reliable vehicle is essential" and got 2 applicants without a vehicle and one applicant without a license (ok this peson had a point).

What was his point?

I can see his point for not having a car (no license), but what was his point for applying for the position. One would assume that "Vehicle essential" implies "license mandatory".

Just out of curiosity... Did you fill your positions? How many applicants did you get and of what calibre? (I am interested in recent media claims of "lots of jobs, no-one wants to work)

Originally posted by NigelW
Assuming the Andrea Sutton story is reliably reported (a big assumption) could I suggest to all the Freestyler coordinators who lurk hereon (yes you know who you are :) ) to try to track down Ms Sutton and get her along to talk at some Freestyler meetings!!!!

C'mon Rob get cracking!

Hi Nigel

Ok, ok I've made some enquiries with Today Tonight. I should be able to organise something for the new year.

Stay tuned.

Cheers
Rob

Originally posted by Robert

Ok, ok I've made some enquiries with Today Tonight. I should be able to organise something for the new year.

Email me privately and I'll give you her phone number.

Regards,
Kim

Well, I think one thing has been forgotten in this thread, and that's the fantastic achievement of the Lady in Question.

I applaud Andrea for her stick-to-it-ness and hope to hear more about her.

There have been some interesting questions raised,

How does a 12yo buy property?

How did Andrea cope with serviceability?

I, for one, would be very interested if she came into the forum and chatted/posted with us.

Rob, if you manage to speak to her, give her the website!!

Oooh Kim!!

I got stuck in some kind of temporal anomaly...

I wrote my last post before I had seen yours, although yours comes up before mine... Darned time differences...

If you know Andrea, would you kindly mention our little clan to her and ask her if she would be so kind as to join us?

(Or is she already here?? I note there is an 'Andrea' in the member list...)

Would be nice to be able to talk to her.

Back