Annexed Unit Floorplan

Hi All,

I'm building an annexed unit (granny flat) in Logan, QLD and would love to get some feedback from those more experienced than myself.

The design is for a 2 bedder, with approx 65 sqm of internal space. We've had to go with an L shaped design to avoid building too close to a sewer line on the west-side of the building. The existing-house is on the east-side, with the road on the north-side. The one downside with this design is that the bedrooms are on the side closest to the road, though I am told there was no other way to fit them in. See attached design.

The one improvement that came to mind would be to have a long galley-type kitchen (on the south or east side of the living/dining room) but with no island bench. This way, there would not be a kitchen bench dividing the living/dining room as per the current design. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Greenjoy.

Attachments

• Design.png
    Design.png
    95.8 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Put the two robes on the same wall in the bedrooms - gives more separation between rooms.

A bit more built in storage space would be useful.

Toilet is opposite the door - not a good look. Better to swap position with the vanity or shower.

Add some type of covering over the enrty to stop the weather.

Back