Annoying PM

Hi guys,
Just want some advice with regard to my new PM. My IP settled a month ago, the place already has a tenant. So I should received money from the settlement date instead I got 1 week rent for a 3 weeks period. Confused I called the REA, they said the PM was busy with a court case and will call me back. Have not heard anything for a week. I have called once in between.

So what could I do in this case? Can I change PM? or do I have to wait till the 6 months contract of the tenant to finish. It just seems strange that they dont have time to respond to simple queries, what kind of service is this??

Thanks guys.

Rich.

I tend to get annoyed if a PM hasn't returned my call in a day...

If it urgent, I call the PM's mobile, if not I call the office (leave a msg if they are not there).

I thought by the title of the thread you may have been annoyed about having Mr Abbott as your PM.

It may depend on the PM's cycle. Many pay monthly, and do a settlement run at the end of the month.

Sometimes an email is an effective way to communicate, as you don't have to be both available at the same time.

But if the same treatment continues, change. Give them a chance first though.

did you get a statement specifying what the funds you received were for and the period they were for. As mentioned think it would just be that what you received was the end of the last cycle and you will get the other 2 weeks in the next payment

To answer your question correctly, we'll need a few more details.

• Have you signed a management agreement with this agent?
  • If so, what are the terms? What termination notice do you need to give?
As for the rent:
  • Does the tenant pay weekly or fortnightly?
  • Have you received your end of month statement from the agent or are you going off your bank statement?

Hi guys,
Just want some advice with regard to my new PM.
OK are you are a new Landlord

My IP settled a month ago, the place already has a tenant.
Did your PM have to organise and sign a new tenancy agreement with the tenant, if so there will be a charge?

So I should received money from the settlement date instead I got 1 week rent for a 3 weeks period.
What does you statement from the rental agency state as this statement sets out rental income eg number of weeks and rental expenses?

Confused I called the REA, they said the PM was busy with a court case and will call me back. Have not heard anything for a week. I have called once in between.
Ring PM again and if they are unavailable then talk to the Receptionist and ask to be put through to the Administration person who generates the rental statments.

So what could I do in this case?
Read your statement in conjunction with bank statement and work out what you have been charged for.

Can I change PM? or do I have to wait till the 6 months contract of the tenant to finish. It just seems strange that they dont have time to respond to simple queries, what kind of service is this??

Depending how big the agency is and the type of set up our PM doesn't have anything to do with the money she selects the tenant, completes rental agreement, inspects properties, manages requests etc.

The REA receptionist/admin staff collect the rent sends out rental statements and notifies PM if tenant in arrears.

Thanks guys.

Rich.

Rich
Don't panic as this may well be a small teething & communication issue, some agencies send out statements mid month or end of month. If your PM is involved in a court case then their workload would be busier this week.

Let us know what the statement says!
Sheryn

Back