Another FREE newsletter

Hi Folks,

After evaluating the first three issues of this offering from Lisa Orme and finding it contained some useful stuff I got Lisa's approval to recommend her newsletter to the membership of this board. Lisa is a full-time property investor based in the UK and has a website which is being upgraded at the moment. When it's done I'll pass on the URL. Although Lisa will offer info for the UK property scene she wants to make the newsletter appeal to an international readership and invites readers to submit stories, articles, tips and book reviews. In the first three issues she has already recommended some interesting books.

I've always been impressed with Lisa's knowledge of property investing which is quite extensive and have enjoyed reading her posts on the Singing Pig forum. I believe, over time, Lisa's newsletter will provide a comprehensive look at the UK situation. She also incorporates her feedback to reader's questions in the newsletter. With some of our input perhaps Lisa can do a comparison of the Oz scene with the UK scene. That would be interesting.

This is Lisa's description of her newsletter:

The newsletter is aimed at a wide range of people from 'newbies' to the more experienced, and we hope that you find it useful and enjoyable.

We intend to share with you some innovative property concepts and strategies in UK real estate and our aim is to cover a wide range of property topics, strategies and opportunities with some motivation and inspiration too.

In each issue the topics Lisa has structured the newsletter around are:

- Bank of England Base Rate Decision
- Property Counsel
- Book Recommendation
- Thought for the Day
- Comments and Feedback
- Website Spotlight
- Funny Corner
- Product/Service Review
- Guest Feature
- Hot Tip

The questions that Lisa has answered so far are:

How do I get started?
What is a 'revolving loan' and how can I use it for property investing?
What is 'flipping'?

You'll have to subscribe to get the book recommendations and hot tips. To do that Lisa requires you to e-mail [email protected] including your first name only and e-mail address. If you would like all the back issues just mention that in the e-mail.

I'll finish off this post by repeating one of Lisa's Thoughts of the Day.

If you were to put some fleas in a jar they will jump and jump until they jump high enough to jump out of the jar. If you put a lid on the jar they will keep jumping as high as they did previously, hitting the lid of the jar. They soon learn not to jump so high and stop banging their little heads on the lid of the jar. Now if you were to remove the lid of the jar they will continue to jump to the previous height of the lid, not jumping out of the jar even they are free to do so.

Do you have an invisible lid on your jar?
Is someone or something 'invisibly' stopping you escaping from your jar?

There isn't really a lid on your jar - it's just in your head that there is, like the fleas. Go on - jump out of your jar!

Regards, Mike

PS The name of the monthly newsletter is FIRE which is an acronym for Financial Independence through Real Estate.

Last edited:
Back