Another One Bites The Dust - this time in QLD!

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd share my joy with all you SS's before sipping on a glass of Champagne!! My first IP in QLD has settled - yay!!!

T/house in Upper Mount Gravatt - purchase price $282,000 - Rental yield currently $295p/w and going up to $310p/w in Feb.

ciao sq:D

here it is!!! :D

queensland_sm.jpg

big version

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd share my joy with all you SS's before sipping on a glass of Champagne!! My first IP in QLD has settled - yay!!!

T/house in Upper Mount Gravatt - purchase price $282,000 - Rental yield currently $295p/w and going up to $310p/w in Feb.

Congrats!!!

As I'm looking around these areas, may I ask you how did you found this particular townhouse? Quick search on realeastate.com.au etc won't show anything at this price range.

This little beauty never made it to realestate.com.au, I pounced on it before it hit that site.

When I see a good deal I do not procrastinate....put it this way, I moved VERY
quickly to secure this one!

I am also in the habit of ringing many R/E agents and not necessarily waiting for deals to show up on realestate.com.au.

cheers

sq

Great work and Congratulations SQ..looks nice

What made you choose Upper Mt Gravatt?

Bought sight unseen or did you take a trip to BrizVegas?

Hi guys,

Wow, $282,000?? That's a good buy! Congratulation!
Upper Mt. Gravatt is certainly one of the hot suburbs in SE QLD.

Hi Redwing,

Upper Mount Gravatt was one of the areas that I had narrowed down, after doing endless hours of research, along with a couple of others, in the South AND I had a couple picked North of CBD.

I was doing my normal ring around and lets say my timing couldn't have been better. I knew this was a good deal, so I bought site unseen, then flew over to Brizvegas for a few days as I had already booked to go over anyway!

cheers

sq

Well done for being quick and proactive!! :):)

Keeping a good relationship with the real estate is a GREAT way of getting the in on something that needs to move quickly. We just bought something where the first inspection was a day before it hit the net. We had enough time to make and offer and lock the vendor in before too many other people entered into the bidding...and there were LOTS of people who were disappointed.

Kudos!

Congrats & well done SQ.

That IP looks very very very familiar......in fact I recon I will see it if I stepped out onto my balcony ;)

You could not have picked better if I say so myself!

:D

This complex?

Looks like a good price if that's the case, well done!

Specs of that T/H are pretty impressive, $55 per week B/C would be a pain though.

Can you please encourage all your Westralian friends to invest in Brisbane please.. I missed out on the last boom and think it's not too much to ask for a repeat:)

Looks like a good price if that's the case, well done!

Specs of that T/H are pretty impressive, $55 per week B/C would be a pain though.

Yeah that's the one AA.

You have included all the maintenance & repairs of the Buildings & Common Area including materials & tradesman labour in that $55/w..All those costs are still incurred when you purchase a house.

BC alone is actually $40/w that includes the buildings insurance, common area insurance, public liability insurances, and the complex strata management.

Again all those insurances are still incurred when you purchase as house, just not itemised, budgeted on, and paid in advance like they are in a Body Corporate structure.

Hope this clarifies it for you.

Back