Another over entitled mentality Gen Y

Hubby and I are gen x (1963, 1968) and we have 2 ys (1989,1994) and a z (1996) going by the chart I found. Although some say hubby is a boomer depending on the cut off.
But my 2 gen ys are savers and the oldest one has her first house.
I find that those of my generation that are spenders seem to have the annoying gen y kids but those like hubby and I who practice delayed gratification etc the kids seem a bit better adjusted so to me, it all boils down to the parenting.
I grew up frugal as my parents had lived through the depression and I have passed that on to my kids.

But my 2 gen ys are savers and the oldest one has her first house.
I find that those of my generation that are spenders seem to have the annoying gen y kids but those like hubby and I who practice delayed gratification etc the kids seem a bit better adjusted so to me, it all boils down to the parenting.

So it is more like the gen Wise vs Gen Why's? ;)

Did you used to think it was a CEO Studies degree? :p

I thought an economics degree would lead to a job in banking, insurance or certain Government Departments e.g Australian Bureau of Statistics. At the very least I thought it would help land work in generic Government departments but obviously the recruiters prefer hiring 'pretty young things' for all of those positions.

Back