Another Stockmarket crash???

YES!

i was telling my investing partner to take profits - no, no, no wait till next week, it'll be up, you'll see.

15% down today.

Sounds like the credit junkies are having a bit of a come down. Might be time to start having a sniff and putting fat piles of cash to good use.

yes it must be a concern not knowing what the next day holds , 1% per day on the asx , is it the us , or ?

obama certainly scared a few with the new profit taxes, but serves them right , its imense greed , being paid to these ceo's yet again,

No, I don't get nervous because I only react to the market and don't try to predict it. My sell stops were hit last Thursday and Friday and so I'm out until it trends up again.

I will miss any big upswing but that's ok. It's the bears that kill you.

I think this week is just the usual waiting on interest rate outcomes , happens every time.
As for the next yr or so though, many have said right through there will be another dump yet and probably even worse than last years . I'm tending to go with that myself as the bounce just came too soon , too easy.
Plus the real numbers in the economy - we don't hear about too often unless you want to scrounge around , are still very delicate and probably more dangerous than ever if you look at debt, house prices, employment .

So still skeptical myself for now . Don't think this week is anything much to worry about though.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobobsworth
Maybe a good time to invest.
who knows?
We could be going down and up and sideways for a looong time....

Few amateurs can make money while being whipsawed, as is happening now.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and "trading opportunities" abound: easy to read about but hard to predict. I carefully considered buying some beaten up stocks a week ago. Fortunately I didn't.

Are we headed for GFC II? If you think it is all over and it's blue sky from here, look at the charts for the DOW during the depression years. It had an impressive rally in '30 only to fall further. I think there were half a dozen rallies before it finally bottomed. If you were investing at the time, how would you know that that was indeed the real bottom? Only those who studied the macro scene and stayed a little divorced from the chattering classes might have.

Take care and don't use margin. :)

Will whip saw for a bit.

But imho, its mainly credit wars between China and the US.
Obama made clear yesterday US govt isn't pulling public credit significantly anytime soon. which will force China to ease their credit tightening sooner rather than later, which will support the markets and commodities.

Maybe do a search on this person Timothy Giethner,or "Obama Bank Tax" not one of them address the problem to discourage excessive risk taking,or high end Wall street bonuses,China has the world markets right where they want them,total control ...willair..
BTW,if the interest rates went about 12%,by this time next year,what do you think will happen to property prices???.

Up by the stairs and down by the elevator shaft

No, I don't get nervous because I only react to the market and don't try to predict it. My sell stops were hit last Thursday and Friday and so I'm out until it trends up again.

I will miss any big upswing but that's ok. It's the bears that kill you.[/QUOTE]

Congrats on your mechanical (unemotional) stops.

Sage words, those......it's the bears that kill you.

Up by the stairs and down by the elevator.......sometimes express :p

Not nervous as I liquidated my small portfolio about 2 months ago.. Hoping it crashes and provides a nice opportunity to buy in.

Maybe do a search on this person Timothy Giethner,or "Obama Bank Tax" not one of them address the problem to discourage excessive risk taking,or high end Wall street bonuses,

The Bling Man, Obamarama, realizes bank bashing wins votes, but I think his advisors would have made him aware by now, that he will need loose high risk private credit around if he wants to wind back loose govt credit.

Loose credit got the US into this, and tight credit is the only thing that will get it out. But when polies and the electorate are too deluded to understand that, and want bling instead, China's vendor finance arrangement of US consumption is in the bag for another decade.

And that vendor finance deal commits China to matching every US monetary inflation move, and then some. If the Yuan moves up significantly against the USD, Chinese vendor finance has to be wound back. rock and a hard place for the US (and Europe and Australia).

China has the world markets right where they want them,total control ...willair..

Until the US wakes up and gets productive....which won't happen in my life time, I think.

BTW,if the interest rates went about 12%,by this time next year,what do you think will happen to property prices???.

The rich, informed, and thrifty will get richer, and wastrels, the uninformed and poor will get poorer.

And Rudd wouldn't be Prime Minister.

But I put the probability of >9% rates in the next 5 years at <5%.
Maybe Swan and Rudd are starting to realize too, that just because a govt wants a higher population, it ain't going to happen unless the private sector can borrow money to build houses, migrants can borrow money to buy houses, and businesses can borrow money to expand. They might also start to realize that the higher portion of interest leaving our shores for our growing net foreign debt, damages their tax revenues by damaging the money multiplier effect. And with less tax revenue, who is going to build the public infrastructure required for population increase. there's only so much the Canadian Teacher's Credit Union can finance.

Back