Any ideas for this bathroom wall cabinet

Hi All, i have no artistic skills and i am need some opinions to make over the wall cabinet (cheaply). I didnt expect the wall cabinet to be such an eyesore after the IP was renovated.

I plan to put blinds to cover the windows but i have no idea how to minimise that thick white border around the window.

Shall i paint it a contrasting colour and make it a feature? Can i install something on top of that wooden white border frame that will hide it a bit?

Also, what type of blinds would suit these awning windows? Venetian, Verticals?

Attachments

• 20131002_170052.jpg
    20131002_170052.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 165
Seeing you are renovating the bathroom I'd just rip it out and finish the tiles there.
You can get a plain mirror quite cheaply. It's always going to look an eyuesore in my opinion. Which is a pity with a new bathroom.

Ok just realised it's part of the window. I would still cut it off and tile over it but not so cheap unless you can do it yourself.

You could put vertical blinds. If you get the ones that sit at the front they will cover the border. Or just a nice sheer lace curtain (cheapest option).

Fixed mirror attached to the window frame that covers the whole lower half of the window/old sliding shaving cabinet.

I wouldn't change it, but paint the timber trim a shade of white to closely match the tiles to freshen it up.

I agree with this. White paint as close to tile colour as possible so that the bottom half blends in with the new tiles.

I wouldn't put blinds in here if the windows are frosted or obscured. It's just one more thing to break :)

The white high gloss oil based paint seems to have really improved things but i didnt get a photo. I was going to pull it out before they started tiling but i wouldnt know how to brick it up since its a shelf inside the cavity wall.

Back