Any ideas to change this layout?

Hi All,

Any ideas how you would re-configure this layout?

floorplan1.jpg

Entrance from dining and exit via laundry.

From balcony have bush views.

Looking to open up space internally.

Cheers Spades.

Looks reasonably open as is? With kitchen, lounge and dinning...

Possible to switch family room and bedroom on the left. Then make family open with lounge and dinning. Assuming that the bedroom also has views? Would then make family, dinning, kitchen and lounge all open and bedrooms all aside in one area.

Hi Brady,

What i'd like to do is redo kitchen so it is opposite with sliding doors open to the balcony.
Combine laundry with kitchen somehow,though i do have under house storage that i could utilise.
Separate toilet,enlarge bathroom and re-config 2 back bedrooms and family room.

Looking for some brainstorming/ideas,

Thanks in advance,

Cheers Spades.

Ps.Please beware the above product is having it's 50th anniversary LOL.

Pss.Anyone know where i can access data on a 50yr old house eg:dial before you dig?dig?

Last edited:
I'll have to sharpen my pencil, do three sketch will need to wait. But lookat combining ldy and kitchen into bigger kitchen, as wall on family side to create hall way. L shaped kitchen.
I'd look at moving the bedroom in the bottom left into the lounge room/porch end. So that the lounge gets the view plus deck access

As for plans dial before you digg is free online but won't have houses services just the Mains. What plans do you want? Council may have the original on file, theycharge a small fee to get them, worth a call for sure. The plumbing you can get from Reece etc in syd. They have access to the sewer service pans for the house connection

DaveM, are you able (pretty please) to tell me what you use to do these plans you do? I've sent you messages, but no reply, so thought I ask here.

Sent me messages? Dont remember maybe I missed them sorry :(

I am oldskool and copy/paste into MS Paint in Windows then carve it up with the select and line tools :)

Sent me messages? Dont remember maybe I missed them sorry :(

I am oldskool and copy/paste into MS Paint in Windows then carve it up with the select and line tools :)

Thanks so much for that. I use a mac but might be able to find something similar. Cheers :)

For those plans opening up the bedroom on the LHS to the living, is it just me or is this room a different level. I think the entry to this room shows at least two steps up or down?

That doesn't mean it cannot have the wall opened, but it would need a nib wall or some sort (if it is a different level).

Yes there are steps up.... so unless you want some funky 80's split lounge/.dining with a railing between, I figured it best be left alone

Hi All,

Yes that is correct wylie & DaveM,the LHS bedroom has 2 steps going down.

What i want to do is re-configure the kitchen,laundry,bathroom,2 bedrooms and the

family room.So let's say everything right side of the balcony length.

Thanks for your replys,especially DaveM(helpful as always and thanks for the tip on MS

Paint)and bob shovel for taking the time out to tweak the floorplan.

I'll now go and use MS paint and see what i come up with.

Cheers Spades:)

For those plans opening up the bedroom on the LHS to the living, is it just me or is this room a different level. I think the entry to this room shows at least two steps up or down?

That doesn't mean it cannot have the wall opened, but it would need a nib wall or some sort (if it is a different level).

Yeah funky steps down into a smoking room?? It could also be raised depending on the ceiling height.

Spades: what's the budget here? Are you happy to knock every wall out and start again??
What walls are load bearing etc? If you can put the ldy down stairs that would be a start = bigger kitchen or bathroom.
The family room wall could be loaf bearing so might not be simple to open up. It might make it to open plan having the family room opened up. I'd think the family room I'd actually the lounge room (correct guys??)

That sunken bedroom bothers me if that's where theviews are.

Last edited:
Back