Any mortgage brokers??

W

WebBoard

We are looking for our first investment property. We have been told to wait til lwe get Equity, but as we just purchased our new residential home last year we have little equity so far.

Anyone suggest a broker to do 100% loans...

Contact me via email [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Hi rasputin

If you purchased over 12 months ago it is likely you may have some usable equity anyway, unless it was a high lend mortgage insured loan. You only need about 5 % + costs in most cases.

100 % loans as a rule do not actually exist (yet!!!).

There are other ways to get equvalent equity if you have a few bob saved for duties and costs - such as buying well below valuation.

Regards

Rolf

Reply: 1.1

thanks Rolf,

Being new to IP , I havent "Noticed" any undervalued properties....

Reply: 1.1.1

Hi

They do exist though, even in Sydney where I live, clients have "collected" 640 properties for 550.

Ta

Rolf

Reply: 1.1.1.1

Oh I beleive they exist, you jsut have to know where to look !! I live in Brisbane so anyone who can help , it will be appreciated

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

Hi Rasputin,
There are a couple of 100% loans,but you have to be a professional( doctor,engineer etc)and the interest is a bit higher than the norm.

Regards

Gary P,Flexible Mortgages

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1

Sorry, I should have clarified 100% loans are for owner occupied

Gary p

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Hi,

You really have to think about what you mean when you say 100% loan.

Any lender will lend you 100-110% to buy a property, as long as they have enough equity or collateral to meet their LVR requirements.

Or you can see is one will capitalise certain borrowing costs like mortgage insurance, this can change the LVR to near 98%.

Or if the Vendor you are buring from will give you finance, say 5-10% of the asking price, then if you borrow the rest from a lender, that also gives you a 100% loan.

You could even put down cash and then turn around and take out a personal loan to cover the purchase costs and deposit. If its for an IP, you could even claim them possibly as a tax deduction (that is if you have the right doco to say the money you put in was just on loan). This too would make the deal 100% financed.

You could use any number of combinations, I almost forgot Solicitors Funds and 2nd mortgages to bring the LVR up to 100%.

Here's a thought... with interest rates so low, think about the rates offered by term deposits. I think their about 4-7% right?, well if you need $5-20k for a deposit, think about the benefit you would be offering if you're willing to pay 8-10% of these sums if the Vendor would be wiling to lend you the money.

Besides, this money doesn't really exist anyway, he's not actually giving you this money to spend. This money is created out of thin air based of the "value" you place on their property. Remember they bought the property for a lessor sum, their mortgage should be even smaller, so what ever money you draw down from the bank, will cover this debt and then sum. So they will make a profit and get to see some cash, but this way they create a cashflow from a property they don't even own anymore. How much more positive cashflow could that be??

Disclaimer: "HOUSEofWEALTH" is a forum for the mutual exchange of investment information. In no way is it a source of professional advice or consultation. It is recommended that you seek an authorised Financial Planner, Accountant or Broker before making any investment decision.

Reply: 2

Rasputin,

I have a lender on my panel that will lend if u only have 5% and they will capitalise Lenders Mortgage Insurance as well.

we also have value your property to see how much equity u have.

Pls email me on [email protected]

Regards

Lina

Back