Any one buying an ip lP over easter break?

Happy easter to all of you and your families,

I was just wondering if any one was looking at buying a investment property over the weekend?

If so good luck and here are a few tips before putting an offer in.

1) Ask the agent If they will be submitting the offer straight away or are the vendors away?
2) if your going to an auction you may find that any one there will be genuinely looking at
3) an agent working over the break is generally going to be a agent who is serious in getting a deal done.

Source of information? Was an agent and have a good experience in buying a property at easter :)

Hi Xenia,

Hope you are well?

Really good question: I really enjoyed real estate but i mainly did it to learn how the market works from a real estate point of view, I did a couple of years to learn how agents work, how they value a home, how they work for a vendor and also how they or use certain techniques to a buyer.
It was a two year plan.....

During my two year stint, I also identified two things:

1) Clients where not prepared to buy a home: Allot of clients who where just looking "did not have a relationship" with bankers or broker because they where just looking: So in my business I decided to take care of the people who where just preparing to buy their first place.
2) Building: My best mate for more then 22 years - freinds since we where 8 became a builder and he was working for a big builder in Melbourne but over time he grew frustrated at the lack of quality.

So we both combined our business and now work together. He has skills in building, attention to details and really good in leading tradies to do a good job. Me I am good at sales and love working with people :)

I am looking at a property this arvo.

Home open is on Saturday but i am busy.

Am considering my options on how i play this one. THey are asking $590 and i want to pay $520. Should be interesting especially given the timing. My offer will have a 24 hour acceptance period, regardless of the vendor circumstances

Hello,

Auctions are a tricky one, it all depends on how far the property is away from being auction and how the strong the offer is. Generally when vendors have an auction I am finding that they are just going to auction due to the results being very succesful for the vendor.

Saw a IP this morning only, set to have an open this sat - Crazy to open on a Public holiday...but that's the best time to buy as well hahah as half of your competition is away in their fancy holiday home :)

Rang the agent 3 times and try to get in earlier as i made travel plans, but agent already got 25-30 parties that's gonna show up this sat :eek:

Gave my parents POA and a open cheuqe hopefully they dont go crazy lol

Yes it's a bloody Sydney IP/market.

I am looking at a property this arvo.

Home open is on Saturday but i am busy.

Am considering my options on how i play this one. THey are asking $590 and i want to pay $520. Should be interesting especially given the timing. My offer will have a 24 hour acceptance period, regardless of the vendor circumstances

Haha! Sounds fun. I love seeing the RE's squirm a little with a time limit on the offer. The home open added in gives another dimension. Let us know how it goes!

Back