Any recommendations on unlocking Iphone 3?

Hi All,

My neighbor was throwing an iphone 3 after her husband passed away.

The phone is locked to 3 network.

I've tried redsn0w but did not work.

Can anyone recommend software to unlock without the added add-ons?

Or would it be worth a shot to ring my current provider to get it unlocked?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers Spades.

If it's out of contract the provider should be able to unlock it easily. If it's an iPhone 3 it should be well out of contract.

Optus were quite cooperative when unlocking mine.

if you plug it into a pc and restore iphone through itunes it should be unlocked then
Possibly not. The IMEI of the phone is linked to the network.

If it's Telstra you may be able to unlink it at telstra.com/unlock - at minimum it will tell you how to get the IMEI which you will need.

It can't be contracted to 3 because they are no longer. They are now vodaphone so it must be out of contract. When they closed down a few monts ago I moved to telstra and just had to restore through itunes for the new sim to work.

Possibly not. The IMEI of the phone is linked to the network.

If it's Telstra you may be able to unlink it at telstra.com/unlock - at minimum it will tell you how to get the IMEI which you will need.

* # 06 # gets you the ime#.

It can't be contracted to 3 because they are no longer. They are now vodaphone so it must be out of contract. When they closed down a few monts ago I moved to telstra and just had to restore through itunes for the new sim to work.

Correct obi,voda took ova 3 in august and your right re:restoring through itunes.
Found that out by calling voda and was told go to vodaphone/unlock with instructions to restore via itunes.

Cheers Spades.

Back