Any see the Nathan Birch interview with Kochie on Sunrise?

Yeah i saw it. My thoughts were that Kochie was trying to make him look like he was just out to rip you off. I thought Nathan answered all of his questions well.

Linda said she had $6 million worth of property and $4 million debt and Kochie seemed to think this was a negative!

He comes across as a tool a lot of the time if you ask me

I did. Well done Nathan.

You could definitely see where Kochie was trying to head and while being polite, you could feel the undertones of him not agreeing with the strategy rather than it being about shedding light on the approach.

She was not expecting to get grilled thats for sure. :)

That said, my brother in law's good mate used Nathan's services and it was just pure disappointment.

He paid them $10k, they sent him out to West Sydney to check a property they had already "negotiated" on. He went to look at it, Nathan's company managed to get a price that was $10k below the listed price... or so they thought.

You would think paying $10k to agency like Nathan's would at least put you in a position where the buyers agent would have negotiated on your behalf and showed up with you at the agency to sign the contract.

Instead, he was emailed a link, told to check it out and if he liked it he should speak to the real estate and sign the contract.

When he followed those instructions the real estate agent said the owner wants the listed price.

End result, a lot of too-ing and fro-ing, a confused first time property buyer left abandoned after paying $10k. I ended up looking through the contract and pointed out certain clauses that needed to removed, but when my brother in law's friend asked the buyers agent from Nathan's company he was told they already looked over the contract and it was fine to sign as is. They did end up settling on the property at the "negotiated" price of $10k off the listed price.

Realistically, he could have NOT used Nathan's services, looked up the same property on domain, paid asking price and still been in the exact same position. Honestly to do provide the same appalling service would have taken me 5 mins... and i would have charged less! :mad:

What makes me more angry is that when he asked me about using Nathan, I told him he should be fine. Nathan knows what he's doing and you'll be in good hands.

The only defence i provide Nathan is that it wasn't him personally providing the service, but someone who he has employed.... either way, an owner who is promoting their services needs to be responsible for all of their employees actions.

brilliant responses from nathan well done

I thought when kochie mentioned about all the new dwellings, he would respond by saying "we only deal with the good properties, not the bad ones"

Kochie mustn't like property, or I think he may be trying to protect the Muppets that think they can do it with out any idea. I would think the general consensus id that people think property investing is to have one and negative gear it. That's all. Having more than one is foreign let alone more than 5, let alone 20+

Being a first time investor I am currently umming and ahhing about using his services. I like what Nathan does and his knowledge and what he has done is remarkable but I have heard both great and poor reviews about his services.

wow thats not good to hear NeK,

Not sure of the circumstances but i guess if he bought recently he got a bargin as most people pay well over the asking price now

John.

Note, im not endorsing Nathan, but i do look up to him for what hes achieved

I dont know why everyone is bashing Kochie, he is talking a lot of sense i feel. So is Nathan too. Poor ole Linda looks to be carrying a debt bomb though and will likely get burnt in a few years time.

"likely get burnt in a few years time"

why do you say that ok180?

John

Buying fickle regionals with price inflation mostly by investors. When rates start to rise and those prices dip she'll be F'd. Its not as easy to sell a regional as it is something in a big city either. If you were buying those 5 years ago you would be ok but anything in the last couple with poor fundamentals look out.

I thought everyone handled it pretty well . Kochie Nathan and Linda .

Given that we are early on in the cycle I don't see Linda has a problem , however she might want to weed some of the problematic proerties in a couple of years to pay down debt prior to the next down turn , so she is cashed up to buy bargains in the next slump which is ( IMHO ) a while a way.

Cliff

I thought Linda was a bit nervous. I would be shacking myself.

Linda should have emphasised to Koch that she is buying properties under value and that are cashflow nuetral or positive..that is a very important point.

So what if the value of the properties drop in coming years, as long as the rent doesn't drop....thats the main thing.

I don't see why people are attacking Kochie here. He is TV presenter. He is raising few concerns an average Joe may have in this occasion. It gives Nathan & Linda a chance to answer them.

Back