Any see the Nathan Birch interview with Kochie on Sunrise?

Didn't really view it but i would thought with too much publicity, it can have drawbacks for e.g in my opinion i have once got a ruling from the ATO this question in regards to buying, and selling properties as an investor as to someone who does it on a day to day and the basis were the magnitude of the sales, intention, the level of sophiscation etc and i would presume the same would apply with having so many properties, and although you harvest the deductions as an investor but the magnitude could always lead the ATO to deciding that due to the nature of the operations and scale of it, they may decide that whatever you earn is assessable income and thereby the deductions could ultimately change etc. just something to be wary about

But rental income is taxed as any other income. I think the issue may come into play with capital gains tax - and 50% CGT discount (in my view) would only be an issue where he is selling / trading the properties regularly.

Macro business....
What a bunch of flogs

It's funny how they feel sorry for 'Linda' when they are probably all middle aged, still renting and waiting for the crash.

They have probably missed a couple of cycles in their time as well.

Also it's interesting. How they all talk about how crazy the market is and it has to crash - are they all from Sydney ?
Linda probably didn't compete with 50 others at an auction abd therefore wouldn't have overpaid.
Not saying that her strategy is without a lot of risk but its laughable how naive the people who made those comments are

Haha!!! And the winning comments are:-
I have a friend who only buys outright IP?s when he can pay cash. 0 LVR. He wants the rental income and does not care if there is a 60% drop in values. I call that risk free.

20 plus properties?There needs to be some tax changes to modify this sort of behaviour. That?s revolting.

if she wins in the end then its not ?good on her? as long term victory in the existing property market can only come from inflationary govt policy that transfers wealth from the non landed to the landed.
she has effectively shorted housing affordability ? we shouldnt cheer if this succeeds.

She?s got $2 million (in equity) locked up earning nothing and given she?s outside capital cities which havent participated in the boom its unlikely she will ever earn anything on that capital. Its like a savings plan with zero interest each time she buys a new IP.

I could go on but it's just going around in circles. :p

Agree those are silly comments....but based on her porfolio which was published in Your Investment Property (note that Nathan seems to have a relationship with these people).

Most he wealth seems to have come from the 2 properties she bought early on...her PPOR and first investment unit. I also am not convinced with the some of the valuations...they seem to be very inflated!

Haha!!! And the winning comments are:-
I have a friend who only buys outright IP?s when he can pay cash. 0 LVR. He wants the rental income and does not care if there is a 60% drop in values. I call that risk free.

20 plus properties?There needs to be some tax changes to modify this sort of behaviour. That?s revolting.

if she wins in the end then its not ?good on her? as long term victory in the existing property market can only come from inflationary govt policy that transfers wealth from the non landed to the landed.
she has effectively shorted housing affordability ? we shouldnt cheer if this succeeds.

She?s got $2 million (in equity) locked up earning nothing and given she?s outside capital cities which havent participated in the boom its unlikely she will ever earn anything on that capital. Its like a savings plan with zero interest each time she buys a new IP.

I could go on but it's just going around in circles. :p

Hello

Hi Guys

I have used Nathan once and have been extremely pleased with
what I bought through him.
Within 10k of Sydney cbd
Under asking price
Has seen great growth
Nil rental vacancy

Ta

Hi Guys

I have used Nathan once and have been extremely pleased with
what I bought through him.
Within 10k of Sydney cbd
Under asking price
Has seen great growth
Nil rental vacancy

Ta
What year did you use Nathan's services?
Did you get to deal with Nathan directly or one of his staff members? (By this i mean Nathan was there the entire way, not speak to you once or twice then hand you over to someone else).

Agree those are silly comments....but based on her porfolio which was published in Your Investment Property (note that Nathan seems to have a relationship with these people).

Most he wealth seems to have come from the 2 properties she bought early on...her PPOR and first investment unit. I also am not convinced with the some of the valuations...they seem to be very inflated!

is there a list of vals or examples of his vals??? I too have heard and did see a few years ago some of his buy at X, market Y and thinking, hang on, no way thats worth Y

which val figures are you referring to?

I think that's quite an interesting and important observation. Money makes money so if you are joe-blow with little equity the strategy may not work for you, at least not at the same rate.

That property at Moree is owned by Nathan ... previously purchased for $50K (from memory when I looked at it a few weeks ago).

Nathan has also sold recently one other in Tamworth that appears to have been guttered possibly by the tenants or other.

On the back of this, i figured i would see whats on offer at Moree and came across this.

So can anyone tell me whats wrong with this property at Moree?
http://www.domain.com.au/property/for-sale/house/nsw/moree/?adid=2011051836
(Not a trick question, I genuinely what to know).

$89,000 x 5% = $4,450
Weekly cost = $85.57.
If weekly rent is $150, then its straight out positively geared... what am i missing? There's got to be a catch.

You'd need to know the local market . Moree has ( or has had ) serious social problems . What would vacancy rates be ? Damage to property ... Seriously . I passed on one in rocky because of concerns about the locality . Was bought by forumite who then used to complain about how the tenant kept on putting holes in the wall . Problems collecting rent , defaults etc .

We bought at the bottom of the market in Logan and had no end of PM problems . Bought a couple of steps off the bottom in rocky and had no problems .

It doesn't take much in the way of damages , vacancies etc to turn a cash flow positive property into a money pit .

Having said that we did make nice capital gain on our dodgy Logan properties , with the " worst performer " going from 65 to 145 in around two years .

Cliff

On the back of this, i figured i would see whats on offer at Moree and came across this.

So can anyone tell me whats wrong with this property at Moree?
http://www.domain.com.au/property/for-sale/house/nsw/moree/?adid=2011051836
(Not a trick question, I genuinely what to know).

$89,000 x 5% = $4,450
Weekly cost = $85.57.
If weekly rent is $150, then its straight out positively geared... what am i missing? There's got to be a catch.
thats about fair market price or even over priced in that area depending on the internal condition,

its a more difficult area to deal with, and hence the yields are high, bingara road always has properties for sale as well

Ryder famously predicted moree about 2 years ago, and he admitted it was a bit of a dud prediction recently,

he also said stay away from Parramatta, Bankstown and BlacktowLGA in 08 in his article "The worst places to buy a home"

Absolutely no credibility in my eyes

Hey guys,

I am happy to say that I worked with for Nathan and Binvested a couple years ago on Deal Finder and also assisted with sourcing deals for the buyers agency service.

For everyone that does not have the time or interest in building trust and relationships with real estate agents all around the country I believe that what Nathan and Binvested offer is one of the best services in Australia.

There are no hidden agendas and everyone is 100% genuine and honest.

There is an old saying from the country my parents come from.

"When a good horse gallops it leaves a lot of dust behind it"

Looks like there has been quite a lot of dust on this thread lol

Thanks for reading and have a great day.

Hey guys,

I am happy to say that I worked with for Nathan and Binvested a couple years ago on Deal Finder and also assisted with sourcing deals for the buyers agency service.

For everyone that does not have the time or interest in building trust and relationships with real estate agents all around the country I believe that what Nathan and Binvested offer is one of the best services in Australia.

There are no hidden agendas and everyone is 100% genuine and honest.

There is an old saying from the country my parents come from.

"When a good horse gallops it leaves a lot of dust behind it"

Looks like there has been quite a lot of dust on this thread lol

Thanks for reading and have a great day.

Cool story, wish I knew earlier I would quit school at 14 as well. Sign me up

Reactions: S.T
Back