Anybody able to provide a property Report...Please?

My elderly mother has recently sold the family home of some 45 years and had intended on moving into a Retirement Village.

However the fact that it is going to cost 320k upfront plus $120 per week in maintenance costs as well as losing 50% upon moving out of the Village... for whatever reason, has finally caused her to think twice about moving to the Village. When Mum received a list of the Village Regulations in the post it pushed her too far. I am quite happy about that!

So we need to find a Villa home for Mum close by... and Quickly! Found a candidate which ticks most of her boxes. We will certainly need to change the interior colours if she buys the Villa - they are bright.

Have conducted a bit of Research on the property and did not find much other than it sold for 35k in 1999.

Link to the property -
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-para+vista-115334039

I think it is overpriced at 329,950 so would probably offer 300k or thereabouts.

Does somebody have access to property reports and could advise things like how long it has been on the market, any Rental history and any other pertinent facts? Please.

muStangman.

How does it compare to this? - listed at $275-$300k http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-para+vista-115781855

I usually look in oldlistings to see if I can find comparable properties in the locality...

http://www.oldlistings.com.au/

P.S. I hope you like painting!

Hi Perthguy, I much prefer the price range of the property you linked to, but mum`s legs are pretty weak nowadays which means we need to find a 3 bed property on flat ground ie - no steps.

Will check out oldlistings.com.au Thanks.

moyjos -
http://www.boq.com.au/property-app.htm

Try the bank of qld property app. It provides RP data

Hi moyjos, That will come in very handy. Tried to download the App on my windows 8 laptop, but no go. Think it needs to be an iphone so will put it on my son`s phone tomorrow.

Thankyou.

Today 08:24 PM
NewYork You can also view nearby sales on house.ksou.cn.

http://house.ksou.cn/p.php?q=Para ...inbed=&maxbed=

will give you sales in the street (or nearby) to compare with.
Today 08:20 PM

New York, Thankyou, I will check out your Link.

starter - PM me your email address and I'll send one through.

Hi Starter much appreciated. PM sent.

Guys, your help is fantastic. This site rocks.

muStangman

Hi Stangmamn

Pricefinder report in your PM

Dave

DaveM and Starter, Really appreciate the reports - they are certainly comprehensive.

The property was first listed on 18/7/13 at $339,950 - $349,950 and later amended to $329,950 in November. Hopefully being an old listing will help with negotiations if the house is found to be sound.

The 300k I mentioned is bang on the median price.

Para Vista is a suburb which has unstable soil. There are many houses in the suburb with subsidence issues so we will check the house thoroughly before making any offers.

Fingers crossed. Thanks again.

muStangman.

redwing, Good find.

Was interesting reviewing the Thread in your Link. My thoughts about Retirement Villages have not changed, but I am glad my Mothers thoughts about them have!

muStangman.

House is ok

We met the agent at the property this morning.

Found the property to be in overall good condition although a bit dusty inside as it has obviously sat empty for a long time. The fancy "Staged" furniture is gone. That is fine as I would prefer to inspect without the furniture in the way.

Only evidence of movement was in the ceilings of the family/kitchen area. That is a dead giveaway. The gyprock joint had obviously opened up and has been re flushed, but is beginning to open up again. Nothing to worry about - quite normal for houses in this area.

We put in an offer just over the 300k. No reaction from the Agent who just said the offer will be presented and we will take it from there. AAARRGGHH!
When pushed about timeframe it was the standard reply - It will take 24-48hours. I liked the approach of the last Agent we dealt with who simply made a phone call to the Vendor while we were still at that property. That is how I like to do business. Oh well, we will now be patient.

muStangman.

I would put a time limit on your offer. That will hurry the vendor/agent up, especially as you look to be offering market/above market.

A Beautiful New Home for Mum

Starter, Those were prophetic words in your last post. I would implore anybody dealing with Real Estate Agents to put a time limit on your offer!

We have seen the worst and the best of Agents this week. After we put the offer on the first property we heard absolutely nothing for 2 days. After calling several times with no answer - even though we left a voicemail message, we finally received a call saying the vendor was not willing to sell at our offer, but to wait because there was to be a meeting between Agent and Vendor between 3 -4 pm and we would have our answer by 5pm.

Phone finally rang at 6.15pm to say the answer was not no - but not yes either. He would let the Agent know by 12midday today. So we waited... Again! 12midday - no call, 1Pm- no call finally received a text message.. Yes.. A Text message at about 1.30 " 310k offer declined. Will ring later"

Very poor form in my opinion. I always believed buying a home is a negotiation process, but there was none. I feel there was another agenda going on and we were being played? unProfessionals in my opinion.

Had our eye on another couple of recently completed new villa homes in the area and mum was keen on one in particular. Rang the Agent at 2.30 and cut to the chase. Would 325k buy this property? No, we have several offers at 330 k but we need 335k to do the deal. Said that I would get back to him in a few minutes. I rang back and confirmed our offer of 335k. Agent met us at the property at 4.30. Well we were stoked with the build and signed a contract straight away. Agent rang at 6.30 and said Vendor accepted our offer. He has made an elderly woman very happy tonight.

Second time we have dealt with this Agent and he has been sensational both times. Mike Lao of Ray White Salisbury - You are a walking example of what a quality Real Estate Agent should be.

muStangman.

Second time we have dealt with this Agent and he has been sensational both times. Mike Lao of Ray White Salisbury - You are a walking example of what a quality Real Estate Agent should be.

muStangman.

Good to hear. I have an agent like that in Perth. Rock solid, a man of integrity. It good you found a property and were able to give some business to an agent who deserved it. Well done!

Back