Anybody bought property in Gailes(QLD)?

Looking at a property in Gailes.I'm from Sydney and I went for a little venture up there last weekend.Seems like an ok suburb.Quiet,a few small shops,reasonably close to Brisbane one way and Ipswitch the other,close to freeway and has its own train station.Well priced property also.
A little bit of housing commission around but its starting to get pushed out.
Has anyone bought in the area?And what do they think so far?

Cheers

Don't have property there, but live only about 10 mins away.

Not the best of suburbs as its tucked right away, no schools.

Two large prisons and a mental health hospital right there.

May get some industrial development soon, but its not really a hot spot.

Thanks mate.
I just thought with the cheap entry price and some dearer suburbs around it that could be a winner. Also with new tunnel opening up that it's faster to get into the middle of the city. Train station as well.

Looking at a property in Gailes.I'm from Sydney and I went for a little venture up there last weekend.Seems like an ok suburb.Quiet,a few small shops,reasonably close to Brisbane one way and Ipswitch the other,close to freeway and has its own train station.Well priced property also.
A little bit of housing commission around but its starting to get pushed out.
Has anyone bought in the area?And what do they think so far?

Cheers

New developments there improving the area; only 17 kms from CBD; under valued and next to lots of great infrastructure; only takes 15 mins to CBD on freeway off peak; also freeway to Ipswich and Gold coast a minute away from the suburb; an ugly duckling with lots of growth potential - I bought two villas there and great return; positively geared on big blocks of land high up where it does not flood (Goodna close by floods in most places)

Back