Anybody Here Making Apps?

Yeah yeah I know everybody has a killer app idea that will make millions, but I think I actually do. The few people I've shared the idea with have just been quiet for a few moments while they take it all in then a light bulb goes off and they go "Jesus, that's a real winner" or "that's got massive potential" or similar.

I don't know how to make an app, don't know anyone who does and don't have the money to pay to develop it. In fact, I'm not sure that the world is ready for my app as it requires certain technology to be in place first.

I really need to pitch the idea to not only app makers (the easy bit) but to someone (people) with the know how regarding the supporting technology. I suppose I'm looking for a techie Dragons Den for apps!

Is there such a thing?

I've been looking for good app forums but haven't really come across anything.

All advice/help appreciated.

My son made one last year, it was downloaded a few times but was no "Flappy Bird" ;)

I paid the fees , happy to support an interest

Talk to some developers (with an NDA in place) as a starting point -- if they're good, they'll know what other technolgies you will need to piggyback on, how to go about it, and the costs associated. This'll give you a ballpark figure, and you'll know if it's feasible. If it is, you can then go about finding capital.

I have been involved in a couple of iOS apps.

If apps are built for Apple platform, then objective c is used or a few other third party softwares. If apps are built for Android phones/platform, then Java is used. Are you hoping to target your app for the Apple market or the Android market?

if you have an idea is great, but you still need to get an overview of the SDLC. (software development life cycle) from a software background there are plenty of developers who will do this for you for like $500-$2000 depending how complex it is in india or phillipines, and register the app for you in iTunes etc.

Talk to some developers (with an NDA in place) as a starting point -- if they're good, they'll know what other technolgies you will need to piggyback on, how to go about it, and the costs associated. This'll give you a ballpark figure, and you'll know if it's feasible. If it is, you can then go about finding capital.

I have been involved in a couple of iOS apps.

As to the NDA's - I've copied the one from here - http://www.docracy.com/6319/non-disclosure-agreement-and-confidentiality-agreement-australia and will tweak it. Is this OK? It doesn't say it's not free or that it's copywrited - can I presume it's OK to use? Can you/someone double check or clarify that for me please.

If apps are built for Apple platform, then objective c is used or a few other third party softwares. If apps are built for Android phones/platform, then Java is used. Are you hoping to target your app for the Apple market or the Android market?

Both, and I know nothing about programming. Can I presume that "app makers" know all this stuff to cover both worlds? If no, I'll probably do Apple first.

if you have an idea is great, but you still need to get an overview of the SDLC. (software development life cycle) from a software background there are plenty of developers who will do this for you for like $500-$2000 depending how complex it is in india or phillipines, and register the app for you in iTunes etc.

The app itself is the easy bit. For the app to work it requires supporting technology EVERYWHERE which is the bit I have to research. Is it feasible? I've been told by one person that the world's not ready for my idea. :( I hope they're wrong.

As to the NDA's - I've copied the one from here - http://www.docracy.com/6319/non-disclosure-agreement-and-confidentiality-agreement-australia and will tweak it. Is this OK? It doesn't say it's not free or that it's copywrited - can I presume it's OK to use? Can you/someone double check or clarify that for me please.

Looks like this was designed to be used freely. After a skim, it looks to cover what it needs to but to be sure, I'd run it by a legal professional. If you're sitting on a brilliant, valuable idea, it's worth covering yourself.

Unfortunately, if your idea is before it's time it is likely to flounder.

I ran a business for 12 years with the original basis of the contract that the related market would adopt paperless processes. We included all the software to cater for paperless but in the 12 years it never happened. Luckily my income was based on other criteria and the paperless was just a give away otherwise I would still be waiting for my money.

Found this link that may interest you.

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blo...app-empire-can-you-create-the-next-instagram/

Curious with copyright issues. I mean, you have a brilliant idea, get someone to develop it. After payment, the developer spins off your idea with a different version. Is that preventable?

Back