Anybody with TPG for mobile phone?

Just note for TPG (I'm using one) if you plan to use it overseas or during holiday
--> They'll deduct $500 from your account as your credit
--> Once you're back to Australia, they will reimburse the remaining credit minus $20

And if you want to change sim card (e.g. changing from normal, to micro to nano sim), it will cost you $20-$30 (I didn't remember the exact $$)

Other than that, I'm happy with their plan so far :)

TPG mobile here, bundled with internet. Haven't been really major issues. Sometimes the 3G connection is iffy but not sure if that's TPG or just Optus network in general.

After Kogan mobile's demise I went with Aldi mobile.

I received an SMS last night that my plan had exceeded its data allowance.

.It turns out that I've only used 10% of my allowance.
.I am at the end of my monthly rollover
.The message was sent at 12:50AM!!!

It was sent out in error. It may have been that the message was meant to inform me of my monthly rollover.

But I certainly don't appreciate messages at 12:50AM. With two daughters overseas, I instantly react to messages while I'm asleep, and it can take me a lot of time to get back to sleep.

I've been with tpg for years on internet/mobile and have had no issues to date.
I'm on a 1$ pm and pay as you go.Don't use it much for outgoing calls,as i have a work phone ;)

As it turns out, I was not on an automatic rollover. My monthly plan was finished.

The message should have said that my phone was about to expire. And it should not have been sent at an ungodly hour of the morning. I could have been given a warning a day or two before it expired.

And it also should not have given a number to call which only works when you have credit available!

As it turns out, I was not on an automatic rollover. My monthly plan was finished.

The message should have said that my phone was about to expire. And it should not have been sent at an ungodly hour of the morning. I could have been given a warning a day or two before it expired.

And it also should not have given a number to call which only works when you have credit available!

Well Aldi support are in the UK so they didn't know you were in bed ;)
Anyway not sure what you mean here.
I switched my daughter to AldiMobile after Kogan withdrew and afaik it's a prepaid service where you can load up with $15 or $30 prepaid base credit with a 365 day expiry.
On top of that you can purchase bolt-on packs costing $15 or $35 which have a 30 day expiry. Only the bolt-ons can be setup for automatic credit recharge. (limit of only one $35 pack can be added per 30 days or one $15 pack can be added per 15 days)

Also if you run out of credit you can still receive calls and messages but not send or call except to the free customer service number line 2534.

Last edited:
Back