Anyone done tilt up?

If you want to build with concrete (Rather than bricks) then consider Hebel blocks - they are aerated concrete that is lighter than normal but is still strong and perfect for lightweight construction.

I think tilt-up is more for large industrial construction sites as opposed to building a house..

up untill 8 months ago i have been living with my parents in their factory for almost 8 years that we had renovated. it was huge, stacks of floor space, very large mezanine floor for the second story(its 3 stories btw)

even in the rooms with a cavity between plaster and concrete they do get warm if the weather is constantly hot, but if its just a one or two day burst the concrete doesnt have time to heat up, but even still nothing an aircon cant fix

it is really cool, and not as cold as most would think.
everybody that comes over whether it be my mates or my parents friends they love it

i guess its not very comparable though as the factory is alot larger than your average house and with thicker concrete walls so i would expect a house to warm up quicker

Back