Anyone else been to Guam?

OK, so I'm off to Guam for work, for the 3rd time. This'll be the first time I've actually had to stay for a weekend and not be working those days. Anyone have any ideas on how I could fill in my weekend? (And I don't mean trolling the local estate agents! :rolleyes:)

I thought about fishing, but at ~US$350 for a 4hr boat trip, thought this a bit rich.

Any other ideas?

Guam

OK, so I'm off to Guam for work, for the 3rd time. This'll be the first time I've actually had to stay for a weekend and not be working those days. Anyone have any ideas on how I could fill in my weekend? (And I don't mean trolling the local estate agents! :rolleyes:)

I thought about fishing, but at ~US$350 for a 4hr boat trip, thought this a bit rich.

Any other ideas?

I went in 2001 for a sports tournament.
Pretty small place, you can dive the WW2 wrecks- unsure of price
visit strip clubs full of Japanese businessmen.
swim swim swim- has a very tropical climate
visit worlds largest Kmart

not really much else to do

I went several times, about 6 altogether, in the early 90's, on my way to and from Japan.
But I only ever went on short driving trips around the island, and spent the time relaxing and sleeping before catching the next flight.
So, I don't remember much of what to do there.
Hope you have a good time!
Pen

If into exercising grab one of the sea kayaks and go for a paddle. Take some snorkle gear and enjoy yourself. Some of the hotels have excellent all you can eat buffets. If you have an international licence you can grab a mini moke or skooter and do some day trips.

Sounds like one of the staff here at my client is really into fishing and will probably take me out on HIS boat on the weekend!

And I have a car, but was driven around the island (literally, all the way around in an afternoon - as previous posters would know, it's a small place :p) one other time, so I am looking to find a specific destination if I go driving.

I've been to KMart, had a swim, and not sure the wife would approve of the strip clubs! :D

Maybe I've had all the excitement I need. While at work today, we had a 5.4 magnitude earthquake! Lasted about 15-20 seconds. Wow - first earthquake experience!!

Well, the weather was too bad to go fishing, but the guy with the boat also collects guns. (Has cut down from about 250 to 60!)

So we went to the firing range and I got to shoot at "stuff". Put a hole through a golf ball at 100m with a sniper rifle!! :eek: (Kept the golf ball as a momento!)

Also available, Ruger .22, .357 Magnum (that's got some bang), some other rifle and the AK47. :cool:

ER-UTG-M-AK-47_CH4jA2FmP7GN.gif

Wow, I'm glad Australia has the gun laws we do - to think that there could be people wandering around freely with these sorts of weapons puts the hair up on the back of my neck!

Back