Anyone else got a slack milko and paperman?

I've just paid my milko's account, $348.60. He only delivers twice a week and we only get one bottle (no babies in my house. LOL) so this is over a year's supply. :D

This may, or not be, accurate (I do know I haven't paid in that time) but I have no way of knowing just how accurate, so I will pay it. I'm not asking legal advice here!!!!!! He is a battler like me and I know he is not a cheat. Just slack!

But the interesting thing is that I have had the daily paper thrown over my fence for near 40 years but I dropped out of their system, possibly ten years ago, and have never paid for it since. By contrast I have never met the guy who tosses my paper in the wee hours and feel no obligation to him. This may be because it is a News Ltd rag that, by my standards, is truly awful. It is interesting that my neighbour had two deliveries a week and he moved out, house vacant, waiting to be demolished. When the paper continued to be delivered I rang to tell him to cancel it. He laughed and said he never paid for his either. :D Only when the house had gone did the delivery stop. LOL

Is this unique?

ps. This is the first account I've had in that time..... Wanted to clear that up.

Last edited:
Don't know about the milko as that went out in the 1980's!!! I haven't heard of them since:D
For our paper account, we didn't get a bill for over 6 months (used to be monthly) after switching to email accounts. I went in there to enquire & we had racked up a $350 bill. They had the wrong email address but it is all sorted now. Sunfish you might have a large account waiting:eek:
Steve

We still have a milko and we reckon he is the only milko who saunters. I have never seen him even get past a saunter into a jog. He is a lovely chap, but our dog hates him and barks at him twice a week. In his little doggy head he thinks the bad man has come into our yard, he has barked, and the bad man has left, therefore, he has done his doggy job - so I understand his doggy thinking, but I wish he would give it a rest.

A couple of times over the years, he has been in the front yard when the milko calls, and if he hears him behind the gate, he just slips the milk through the gate or puts it on top. Milkos must hate dogs, though ours is only a poodle (an attack poodle :D ).

Earlier this year, he did jump up to greet the carpet cleaner and unfortunately, caught his tooth in the excitement on the carpet cleaner's "unmentionables" which was a bit of a concern. I was full of concern (genuine) and after a while the chap lost his hostility and all was fine. When he left, I phoned hubby to tell him what had happened and he asked me had I applied any salve :eek:

Wylie

Yo Man! A bit slack, you must admit. An account long overdue and all it would have needed was a knock on the door. They do actually know your address. LOL

That's what I tell myself, anyway.:)

I know... It's like, wouldn't you revert back to sending a letter if the emails keep bouncing back... or try a phone call or even tie a note to the newspapers!
You might as well enjoy it while it lasts... maybe another 10 years:)

milko? don't even think such a thing exists down here in Canberra.

When my sister and I were living with our parents in Rocky, there was a milko as we went though 2L a day of milk. My sister also is the only one in the family who doesn't have black hair as well ;)

Im pretty sure there must still be a milko in Canberra because our neighbours have milk sitting on our front porch sometimes...
I once won a motza at the club- I took it in coins and loaded it on the ute. I parked it out front- the next morning the ute was filled with milk.

Back