Anyone else looking in Perth at the moment?

Hi Aus
Got curious and had a look at Madora Bay, beachfront property, I think been on the market well over 8 months asking price $699K, at peak of our last boom would have fetched around $1M.:eek:

Cheers, MTR

Hi Aus
Got curious and had a look at Madora Bay, beachfront property, I think been on the market well over 8 months asking price $699K, at peak of our last boom would have fetched around $1M.:eek:

Cheers, MTR

madora was hit hard, as was sing;eton, lakelands, meadow springs etc

Hi Aus

Cheers, MTR

Sounds like the one I looked at....with an old house on it. From memory its had a slight reno by the looks of it when I saw it 6 months ago.

Sounds like the one I looked at....with an old house on it.

sounds like my old family beachhouse. my parents sold it for $75k in the early 90s

that place has changed for the worse tho. it use to be a beautiful beach and a real get away, now the beach looks grey and decrepit and the joint is run down and it feels like a typical FHO suburb more than a beachside retreat. sad really.

Sounds like the one I looked at....with an old house on it. From memory its had a slight reno by the looks of it when I saw it 6 months ago.

Hi Rixter,
That's interesting, do you recall what it was selling for at that time?

At $699K cheap for beachfront, though will need deep pockets to hold.

Plans underway for Madora bay to become a regional beach I expect with the upgrade you could see growth down the track.

http://www.mandurah.wa.gov.au/counc...ndurahnorth/mandurah_north_structure_plan.pdf

Cheers, MTR

Hi Rixter,
That's interesting, do you recall what it was selling for at that time?

At $699K cheap for beachfront, though will need deep pockets to hold.

Plans underway for Madora bay to become a regional beach I expect with the upgrade you could see growth down the track.

http://www.mandurah.wa.gov.au/counc...ndurahnorth/mandurah_north_structure_plan.pdf

Cheers, MTR

v interesting. they certainly are a progressive council - my villas have been included in an area they just rezoned R60. I think min. development height now is 2 storey so it bodes well for future CG

Hi accumulator
Madora Bay is located North of Mandurah.

http://www.mandurah.wa.gov.au/

MB is pretty much divided into two areas North Madora Bay which is the older pocket it has not yet been developed, with old beach shacks sitting on average of around 800 sqm2 lots. Many have holiday homes in this area. Very quiet area. Nice beach shacks will rent for $180-220 per night in peak periods only. I prefer old Madora Bay but that's possibly because we have a beach shack and have enjoyed the beach, fishing and good times with family and friends. Also has a great bike track.

New MB consists of new homes on smaller lots, generally quality homes, nice beaches. I think a reasonably well designed estate.

Mandurah was hammered when the boom peaked in 2006, still has not totally recovered. You may not necessarily get the best rent in Madora Bay but I think you have a good chance of growth down the track due to plans mentioned in previous post.

Check out all the suburbs in Mandurah, my guess is if you purchased a property now you will be getting in cheaply.

Cheers, MTR

I'm also looking for my first IP at the moment :)
by the way, anyone has any comments on Alkimos?

Alkimos doesnt show up as a suburb according to REIWA......does it go by another name?

I guess its way out from city. Are you looking for CG or CF?

Alkimos doesnt show up as a suburb according to REIWA......does it go by another name?

I guess its way out from city. Are you looking for CG or CF?

Alkimos is further up from Butler. A new suburb where the new estate shorehaven and trinity is.

Mainly looking for CG and the moment. Any good recommendations? :)

Mainly looking for CG and the moment. Any good recommendations? :)

If thats the case dont look there if its CG your chasing. The supply and demand ratio is not conducive for it in the short to mid terms for leveraging against to building your portfolio faster.

Look more towards the inner/middle metro ring where the area is land locked with no vacant land surrounding. Somewhere there is strong demand & limited supply.

By something good quality and well located close to transport, high employment areas, major shopping, schools, medical & recreation facilities.

I hope this helps.

thanks for the advice guys :)

I was actually looking at suburbs about 10km radius from CBD, thinking anything nearer to the CBD will probably have more CG. However most of the price are way off my budget.

Am looking at around $350-370K mark with decent land size and i'm not sure if is okay to buy townhouses/villas instead of houses since they cost less and might be lucky to get something within my budget. :confused:

thanks for the advice guys :)

I was actually looking at suburbs about 10km radius from CBD, thinking anything nearer to the CBD will probably have more CG. However most of the price are way off my budget.

Am looking at around $350-370K mark with decent land size and i'm not sure if is okay to buy townhouses/villas instead of houses since they cost less and might be lucky to get something within my budget. :confused:

Invez...THIS may be of interest to you.

I hope it helps.

If thats the case dont look there if its CG your chasing. The supply and demand ratio is not conducive for it in the short to mid terms for leveraging against to building your portfolio faster.

Look more towards the inner/middle metro ring where the area is land locked with no vacant land surrounding. Somewhere there is strong demand & limited supply.

By something good quality and well located close to transport, high employment areas, major shopping, schools, medical & recreation facilities.

I hope this helps.

Thanks good advice.

I have noticed that Balga and Westminster are really doing well again, prices back to boom times. Also there is definate shortage of development sites and developers now advertising for sites. Holding costs will hurt but you certainly get CG.

Cheers, MTR

If you are adopting a pure capital gains strategy the areas that I would be looking at, which I believe are undervalued are:

Yokine
Tuart Hill
Joondanna
Doubleview
Glendalough
Maylands
Victoria Park/East V.Park
Scarborough
Riverton
Wilson

And if you have some more cash to play with the area which is about to explode is Mount Hawthorn.
Hi Rhett and others,

I was wondering if you still stand by this list and if you would add/remove any now that we are further into 2010?

seems yields on mandurah villas now are around 6% - not bad for resi

Whats the 5year outlook for mandurah IYO Ausprop? Id jump over 6%, if it were a stable 6. So many people burnt(own fault in some cases) by mandurah.

Its great to see some life back in there in Realestate terms.

Back