Anyone else looking in Perth at the moment?

which one did you like, the morley or the west perth one ?

What do I like about Morley ? little that I know: not too far/decent suburb/Coventry Mkts/could possibly afford developable block

not tied to it any way, it's my blind search for trying to get an understanding of hwer ecould mke a good invstment location for ip 3

the west perh type of property could be something I apsire to for my PPOR.. another reason I need to buy well wth IP 3

I like this one

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-perth-106605598

I really can't see anything going for the Morley one, but it does surprise me that people build mansions along that strip. Isn't the Morley one only single residential too?

The only question just about that I have with the West Perth one (sight unseen and full of ignorance) is the parking one Ausprop raised.

The onlyproblem is tht I cnat afford to buy the blody place..

well wait.. about $130k available.. - $110k depoist (if they were stupid enough tto sell for $550) - $20k purchasing costs

hey, with no buffer or savings behind me whatsover, and hopingthat a bank would crazily lend me other 80% perhaps I could stretch that far

Going to balga to see a house on a triplex block for sale soon This agent has sold previous Homeswest stock and has 'conditions apply' in his ad.

Curious to see what these are.

Last edited:
I'm looking in Bunbury at the moment, practically a suburb of Perth anyway, or will be in the next decade. I can get a decent 20 year old house, 2 k's from the city centre, renting for $325 per week, vendor wants about $370K, it's on 800 odd metres and already zoned R30, so ready for a second house out the back.

I can sit on it for a couple of years, then when I'm ready spend another $200K on a house out the back, strata, sell the front one and be left with a brand new house that hopefully has $60K + built into it, maybe more. If done right it should be close to neutrally geared, then maybe I can do that another 4 or 5 times and build my portfolio that way...

Then thing with going slightly regional, is you can do things a lot cheaper than trying to do the same thing in Ashfield / Leederville, where your initial investment is $500K +.

why sell?

I'm looking in Bunbury at the moment, practically a suburb of Perth anyway, or will be in the next decade. I can get a decent 20 year old house, 2 k's from the city centre, renting for $325 per week, vendor wants about $370K, it's on 800 odd metres and already zoned R30, so ready for a second house out the back.

I can sit on it for a couple of years, then when I'm ready spend another $200K on a house out the back, strata, sell the front one and be left with a brand new house that hopefully has $60K + built into it, maybe more. If done right it should be close to neutrally geared, then maybe I can do that another 4 or 5 times and build my portfolio that way...

Then thing with going slightly regional, is you can do things a lot cheaper than trying to do the same thing in Ashfield / Leederville, where your initial investment is $500K +.

Why sell the front one? why not have the property/ies revalued and use the equity for further purchases instead of your capital gains (after taxman picks your pocket).

FLurker

(I nicknamed your nickname...)

Quite possible too, will depend on expected prices and rental returns at the time. I like the idea of getting cash flow neutral properties, and older properties generally struggle to get that done, whereas if you buy new, you quite often pay for it as well.

With this technique I can get newer properties maybe yielding 6-7% based on the cost base, and should be able to replicate it a few times. The whole project probably costs $600K, if I sell the old house, my debt reduces to >$300K. Much easier to do that 5 times when you only owe $1.5M at the end, rather than $3M at the end, but each project / property will be bought or sold on it's own merits.

I've done this once with a property in Kalgoorlie and made a mint (perhaps mainly because of the boom we were going through, than any skill on my part), and now I have the knowledge of having done it once, would like to try it again.

I saw the liftout in the paper, I was underwhelmed I must say. I think people's opinions on this forum are just as valid as their "experts".

And why ask mortgage brokers and real estate agents about interest rates?

Thought I'd bring this old thread back to life!

I'm curious as to when somersofters are going to start investing in WA again. Perth seems to have been at its bottom for a good 3 or 4 years now.

When do you think Perth will start to move again?

Are we now at the turnaround seeing that rentals have increased

The outlook is strong IMHO.

NOR is overpriced in general. Best deals are SOR. Mining + Oil and Gas going gang busters.

All that money flushing around up north has to find a place eventually. In saying that nobodies under any real pressure to buy. No matter what rubbish real estate agents spin.

My money is on a short term noticeable recovery. Another dead cat bounce on the way if you ask me.

Back