Anyone else's phone go forward one hour this morning?

Driving into work I say to my girlfriend.. boy it's a lot darker than normal, the roads are a lot quieter.. and why are we so tired?!? Look at the car clock and it's 6am instead of 7.. At least it was nice spending time at a cafe in town for an hour :D

haha a large portion of QLD is Grumpy at having to wake up an hour earlier this morning.
Myself included( cursed partners phone)

I had always laughed at the whole curtains fading idea, but this made me actually stop and think that there is something to it. Same with the skin cancer.

Apologies if I am just really slow to realise this and you guys were poking fun at people to make the joke without thinking about it - which was always me!

I was always, it's the same amount of light, haha. But I think it's actually about daylight savings changing your curtain usage patterns. And your likely UV exposure.

The curtains issue would only effect a small number of people and who really cares, but for some people it could increase curtain use (say by blocking afternoon sun after getting home from work) when they may otherwise be open. So they could get more fade.

It seems there are actual studies about the skin cancer too - mostly focused around school kids but daylight savings would mean more kids are leaving school when UV exposure is higher.

Anyway, I thought it was interesting, if still unimportant!

Back