Anyone ever been called a "Narcissist"?..

Was walking down the park this early morning just as the sun comes up over the river,sometimes you get a lot of people most I know even the poor buggers that live in different locations within the park that a lot of kind people help out, everyone gets on it's only a small path so you get out of each other way,was watching this Lady from about 150 mts away with this black poddle with a fake gold chain around it's neck coming up the pathway,the Ladies dog was not on a leash just running around in between all the people so up runs the poddle and straight away the poddle has a go at the older one of my dogs,my dog just does not care,but the younger one who sleeps with the older one snaps at the ear of the poddle then it's on..

All I ask her is can you please control your dog and put her on a leash otherwise if the younger kelpie bites your dog again and he tastes the blood I'm going have real problems holding him back,then the Lady calls me a ####ing Narcissist Old Man,and ###K-you ,,i did not mind the old man part but I did not know what the "Narcissist" word is,I just walk away thinking each has "Karma as their Own" pick up the younger dog and walked away,looked the word up when I get back home,So anyone ever been called a "Narcissist" and how did you feel?..

I would say she doesn't know what Narcissist means as that was the wrong choice of words in the situation.

In that situation I would disregard it as she is most likely the Narcissist :)

I've been called a narcissist a few times. I've got a fairly high opinion of myself and am generally happy with myself.
Didn't take all that much offence.

I've been called so many different things over time, that narcissist is tame by comparison.

In the case of that one broad, she was projecting.

Yeah narcissist really doesn't fit the situation at all.

Perhaps it was a compliment because you were looking quite dapper on the day.

Last edited:
If you see her again, tell her what narcissist means. Explain to her that you are concerned people will think she is a dill using words she doesn't understand.

Perhaps she was thinking of the word 'fascist', for trying to inpinge on her little doggies freedom? :p

I walk my dogs in dog parks nearby where we don't have to have our dogs on a leash, doggy friendly park, best way to go I think.

I've got an 8m extension lead, Mr Russ wouldn't ever stop running if I let him off his lead.

But for the most part he's so old he'd rather just walk behind me than run about these days. :rolleyes:

She has the dog off the lead and she calls you a name? that's a bit rich. I don't like it when people have their dogs off lead only to exclaim that they are very friendly dogs. I have a huge German Shepherd and another dog. I always have them on the lead. I have had dogs off lead come up to my dogs and attack them.

Narcissists are usually very convivial and charming. On the downside, they use people, they have no ability to empathise, are extremely calculating, figure out people's weaknesses quickly and then jump in for the kill (not literally). They seem to have 'bits' missing ie. no empathy. Can be men or women, but are usually men. On a scale, it goes: narcissist, sociopath and then psychopath. Where a sociopath or a psychopath might get pleasure from seeing their victims suffer, narcissists just don't care. Narcissists won't hurt you because they enjoy seeing you hurt; they hurt you because you are just a means to an end. I think they are called 'emotional vampires'. I am sure we have all known one or two in our lives.

When I take my three staffys (nina, pinta and santa maria) for a walk in the park, all the other people grab their dogs and head for their cars lol.

Leashes are for woosies, although it does take a while to collect my moochies from the backyards. What was that about narcissist?

When I take my three staffys (nina, pinta and santa maria) for a walk in the park, all the other people grab their dogs and head for their cars lol.

This is funny, because it is not the breed of the dog that is the problem, but the way the dog is raised. My friends and I had a barbie along the Yarra River one time and the group next to us had two staffys with them. They were far and away two of the friendliest dogs I have ever met. Far more likely to lick you to death than bite.

Back