Anyone ever been called a "Narcissist"?..

Staffies are part of the pit bull family and look similar to some of their 'problematic' cousins so some people see them and think 'uh oh, dangerous dog' but they're generally total softies. I've known quite a few staffies are they've all been super friendly and eager to lick you to bits. They've all been really gentle with kids too.

I knew one staffy who spent a lot of time around a cat so thought she was a cat, she'd want to sit on your lap and be petted like a cat. I, being a crazy cat lady, accommodated her :D

The only criticism I have of staffies is that they are prone to being needy the point of neurosis and can be heartbreakers, trembling or gnawing at their skin when left alone. They have the saddest puppy dog eyes.

With some of the other more 'problematic' dogs, how they were raised definitely plays a big part. Some breeds were bred for bloodsports for centuries so it is in their blood but the bigger problem seems to be they disproportionally appeal to people who want a threatening dog for either protection or just to prove how tough they are. These people aren't always the most responsible dog owners. Their idea of obedience training is smiling proudly when their dog has a barking fit at a frightened passerby. There are also negligent breeders who'll intentionally breed dogs showing signs of aggression.

I try to avoid rottweilers, though I don't doubt that they can make great dogs, simply because I've met too many who were raised by jerky owners who want a viscous, threatening dog. The owners are the same sort of people who speed up when they see a pedestrian crossing the road to make the poor sap run (yeah, people actually do this!).

where we don't have to have our dogs on a leash, doggy friendly park, best way to go I think.

datto: Leashes are for woosies

Holy Moses, isn't this the only way to fly? This is what having dogs is all about. Smelly, jumpy, demanding, messy dogs who force you to interact with other dog owners for better or worse.

Cripes, if you can't let your dog off the leash sometimes, take a good look at your lifestyle. :)

Kelpies rule!!!

yeah, all true Fifth. My kelpie/rottwheiler/Doberman X is the sweetest boy around though. All animals love him.

I knew one staffy who spent a lot of time around a cat so thought she was a cat, she'd want to sit on your lap and be petted like a cat. I, being a crazy cat lady, accommodated her :D

My problem is the kitten who insists on coming for walks with the dogs. Makes crossing the road a nightmare!

Holy Moses, isn't this the only way to fly? This is what having dogs is all about. Smelly, jumpy, demanding, messy dogs who force you to interact with other dog owners for better or worse.

Cripes, if you can't let your dog off the leash sometimes, take a good look at your lifestyle. :)

Kelpies rule!!!

Totally with you on this one. We share the oval with children soccer groups, so from 5.00 pm dogs must be on leads, that's when soccer training starts, that's fine we're long gone by then.

Kelpies rule....... you wish...... :)

Yeah I'm taking the mickey a little. As for myself, I have no idea where I'd fall on the narcissism scale but I'm sure I have some traits.

I do find that linked study very interesting, and the question of narcissism in general. It's hilarious if the easiest way to identify a narcissist is simply to ask them if they are one!

yeah, all true Fifth. My kelpie/rottwheiler/Doberman X is the sweetest boy around though. All animals love him.

I read somewhere a long time ago now that pets tend to take on their owners' personality. It sounded pretty interesting to me, so I thought I would observe. Discovered it's actually pretty accurate. To the point where I now believe that if you want to get to know someone without actually conversing with them, then spend some time with their pet.

I read somewhere a long time ago now that pets tend to take on their owners' personality. It sounded pretty interesting to me, so I thought I would observe. Discovered it's actually pretty accurate. To the point where I now believe that if you want to get to know someone without actually conversing with them, then spend some time with their pet.

That's a lovely compliment, Mr F.
The fact of the matter is, the dog is a lot nicer than I am. :eek:

How does it work when you have 2 dogs and their personalities are totally different?

How does it work when you have 2 dogs and their personalities are totally different?

That's a hard one, I have 2 dogs.... but I think then it comes down to which most resembles its owner. ;)

My dog above is the spitting image of ME:) she's gorgeous

Last edited:
Yeah I'm taking the mickey a little. As for myself, I have no idea where I'd fall on the narcissism scale but I'm sure I have some traits.

I do find that linked study very interesting, and the question of narcissism in general. It's hilarious if the easiest way to identify a narcissist is simply to ask them if they are one!

Narcissism is a common personality trait of sociopaths/psychopaths

I've been called so many different things over time, that narcissist is tame by comparison.

Same,names i get called are between tame and brutal...I thrive on the brutal aspect.

Eg:Last night on the job...Wtf are you doing in my yard..Answer:i'm a contractor for ......... and i'm connecting for the rear unit...She says what unit?...Husband comes out and says who are you,i say i'm a contractor for .......
and here for re-en for the rear unit and tells the wife there's a unit at the back?Farout ...Oh ok,wife chimes in,yeah there is?Shouldn't you give us a call?I said no as the poa is in your yard and 24hr access is a requirement if need be and also the occupants at the rear need there power on.Suffice to say the wife had the last word ie:Well you shouldn't be in my yard?FFS lol!

I walk my dogs in dog parks nearby where we don't have to have our dogs on a leash, doggy friendly park, best way to go I think.

I agree MTR,though you get the odd hippy with an axed to grind.Well in my neck of the woods anyhow.

Real pains in the bum. I think we have had at least one on the forum. Just sayin.

Thank you CU,i love feedback :p ;)

Should have let the kelpie off the leash and tear the poodle apart.

I get my staff off the leash and was humped 5 times(not that me and the owner was counting :rolleyes: lol)didn't bat an eyelid,owner said he hadn't seen his dog do that before lol.

and the group next to us had two staffys with them. They were far and away two of the friendliest dogs I have ever met. Far more likely to lick you to death than bite.

Yup and there tail wags hundred miles an hour lol.

They have the saddest puppy dog eyes.

I agree,man i'm a sucker...anyhow i left out most of your quote but i agree on what you've said.

I love myself. I think I'm grand.
When I go to movies, I hold my hand.
I put my arm around my waist,
And when I get fresh, I slap my face.

I call myself on the telephone
Just to hear my musical tone.
I ask myself for a heavy date,
And I pick myself up at half past eight.

I have a natural talent on influencing people..."A"..
I'm not good at influencing people around me at all..."B"..

I will be a success..A..
I'm not very worried about being a success"B"..

The dream of running this great country scares the hell out of me..A..
"IF" I ruled Australia it would be a standout..B..

When someone compliments me I go red in the face..A..
Some people know I'm good because everybody and the mirror tells me..B..

Several people want to write my biography..A..
I don't need anyone to look into my life..B..

I'm not better then someone with 20 cents in my back pocket..A..
I think I'm a special person..B..

I expect a massive amount from other people..A..
I rather help people ..B..

Sometimes I can tell a good story..A..
Everyone likes and lines up to hear my stories..B..

It's not that hard to work out if you are a "Narcissist"..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_LZ8LKM_vs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh44QPT1mPE

Last edited:
Narcissism is a common personality trait of sociopaths/psychopaths

Yes some psychopaths are narcissists, but not all narcissists are psychopaths.

Psychopathy is much more related to a complete lack of empathy.

Only once a person has a lack of empathy, and added machiavellianism (manipulative behaviour) do they start to resemble what people commonly consider a dangerous sociopath

Back