Anyone have a personal chef?

As in a real one? not a wife/husband/parent.

and in australia,

Was approached today by a few friends (3 to be exact) all 3 are amateur bodybuilders and they've got extreme diets, my diet is no where near as extreme but its pretty full on,

their line of thinking is, pay a chef $45k odd per year, or even less if its not a full time job, 4 of us, chef cooks meals at one house (possibly rotating) 3 meals per day, 2 of them will probably be in lunch box form, other people pick them up once a day

Im surprised people dont do this more often

Whats are the diets like Property Meister?

I'm curious now :D

In answer to the question though, nope..don't know anyone?

McDonalds, KFC, Subway etc are personal chefs aren't they?
Will be much cheaper.
Hit the gear hard and be jacked and ripped at all times eating the above + 1-2kg of WPI/WPC a week, cheap.

Don't do if you're worried about your health though, some bodybuilders are.

When you take into account the dollars they'd save by not buy not buying their own food and what they do with the spare time not cooking could be beneficial.

So, it seems not as bad as it looks on the surface.

Look at the net benefit, not just the cost.

Will somebody do the numbers already? :D

When you take into account the dollars they'd save by not buy not buying their own food and what they do with the spare time not cooking could be beneficial.

So, it seems not as bad as it looks on the surface.

Look at the net benefit, not just the cost.

Will somebody do the numbers already? :D

I get $216.35 per week + cost of food per person.

Are lentils tasty?

Whats are the diets like Property Meister?

I'm curious now :D

In answer to the question though, nope..don't know anyone?

well, ive done a slightly toned down version of theirs, and it goes ROUGHLY along the lines of this

6 meals 3 hours apart

Day 1: (low carb day, 1.5g protein per lb bodyweight)
Breakfast: 6-8 eggwhite omlette, OJ, fruit
Lunch: 300g chicken breast, steamed vegetables, Muesli
Meal 3: 300g lean beef steak, green beans, broccoli or any other desired vegetable
Meal 4; 300g Turkey/Fish, throw in some veges

Day 2: (med carb day, 1.5g protein per lb bodyweight)
as above with Day 1, but with 1 cup of oatmeal/oats thrown in with every meal

Day 3: (high carb day, 1.5g protein per lb bodyweight)
as above with Day 1, but with 1.5 cup of oatmeal/oats thrown in with every meal, and/or brown bread and/or baked potato

each person does it differently, some do 5 no carb days in a row followed by 2 high carb days, some people consume only good fats while some consume half good half animal, good fats include, almonds, avocados, olive oils, flax seed oil, etc. etc. etc.

on top of the 4 meals, to take 2 protein shakes, 1 directly after training (obviously chef not needed for protein shakes), a serving of isolate directly after training for quick absorption, and a WPC or night protein for slow release

on top of that many take caffeine, coffee, creatine, energy drinks, which help with the metabolism keeping an eye on the carbs that some energy drinks are loaded with them

also, it depends on whether the person is trying to lose weight/fat or trying to bulk up,
and each person reacts differently to each diet so there is no rule fits all

as you can see it can be quite full on and quite expensive, and it can drive you insane, especially if your cooking skills or time management skills are poor

When our kids were little, we had a live in aupair, who did all the child care, cleaning and weekday cooking. It cost $200/wk "pocket money", plus accommodation and access to a car. (that was a high level of pay for most aupairs.)
But you had to take what you got with the skills of the aupairs. Some were good cooks, some were very ordinary, and some had never cooked and we had to teach them!!
Well, it wasnt quite a personal chef, but it did save us from having to cook for a few years, which was great when the kids were younger.

When our kids were little, we had a live in aupair, who did all the child care, cleaning and weekday cooking. It cost $200/wk "pocket money", plus accommodation and access to a car. (that was a high level of pay for most aupairs.)
But you had to take what you got with the skills of the aupairs. Some were good cooks, some were very ordinary, and some had never cooked and we had to teach them!!
Well, it wasnt quite a personal chef, but it did save us from having to cook for a few years, which was great when the kids were younger.

I'm surprised more people don't have au pairs. It seems like a sensible approach, and more economical than daycare.

well, ive done a slightly toned down version of theirs, and it goes ROUGHLY along the lines of this

6 meals 3 hours apart

Day 1: (low carb day, 1.5g protein per lb bodyweight)
Breakfast: 6-8 eggwhite omlette, OJ, fruit
Lunch: 300g chicken breast, steamed vegetables, Muesli
Meal 3: 300g lean beef steak, green beans, broccoli or any other desired vegetable
Meal 4; 300g Turkey/Fish, throw in some veges

Day 2: (med carb day, 1.5g protein per lb bodyweight)
as above with Day 1, but with 1 cup of oatmeal/oats thrown in with every meal

Day 3: (high carb day, 1.5g protein per lb bodyweight)
as above with Day 1, but with 1.5 cup of oatmeal/oats thrown in with every meal, and/or brown bread and/or baked potato

each person does it differently, some do 5 no carb days in a row followed by 2 high carb days, some people consume only good fats while some consume half good half animal, good fats include, almonds, avocados, olive oils, flax seed oil, etc. etc. etc.

on top of the 4 meals, to take 2 protein shakes, 1 directly after training (obviously chef not needed for protein shakes), a serving of isolate directly after training for quick absorption, and a WPC or night protein for slow release

on top of that many take caffeine, coffee, creatine, energy drinks, which help with the metabolism keeping an eye on the carbs that some energy drinks are loaded with them

also, it depends on whether the person is trying to lose weight/fat or trying to bulk up,
and each person reacts differently to each diet so there is no rule fits all

as you can see it can be quite full on and quite expensive, and it can drive you insane, especially if your cooking skills or time management skills are poor

What about just trying to enjoy being a "70 pound weakling" and not have to worry about all that...

I need a lie down just after reading it :p:D

how is it boring?
you dont have to try and decide what to eat
your eating healthy
the only downside is your food bill almost doubles

It would be cheaper to visit Mexico and Thailand where the cheap supplements are available.

But on a more serious note as you sound a bit more ANBB than IFBB, why not get a cook between you. If it allows you to keep on track with your hobbies and training, then go for it. I would want a bit more variety than that though if I was paying for a cook. Tuna and Broccoli can get boring.

If you are going to rotate the location perhaps you can find a centrally located restaurant that is struggling to attract customers.

You discuss with the owner/chef the possibility of creating a niche market of feeding every body builder for 10klm in any direction.

They are guaranteed income of $40k a year and can still open for normal trade for lunch and dinner.

With all the muscle bound guys eating there, it may turn into a magnet location for those ladies who like their men with muscles :)

If you are going to rotate the location perhaps you can find a centrally located restaurant that is struggling to attract customers.

You discuss with the owner/chef the possibility of creating a niche market of feeding every body builder for 10klm in any direction.

They are guaranteed income of $40k a year and can still open for normal trade for lunch and dinner.

With all the muscle bound guys eating there, it may turn into a magnet location for those ladies who like their men with muscles :)

Or maybe this could be a business for you and your friends?

Mrs Stingy here

You draw up a roster over a few weeks. Each person cooks enough food for the four of you for two days, then the next person etc.......

You can come together to collect your share, or eat at just one house for those days, or whatever.....

This sounds like a good plan to me - but obviously you don't need a qualified chef to shop & prepare this type of food. A cook could do it; actually, almost anyone who can cook & who has some knowledge of nutrition could do it (Like a personal trainer who has taken time off to have kids).
At $45k split between 4 of you i think it's a good deal. I ate this way some years ago while bodybuilding and I know how extremely well prepared you need to be. I'd be tempted to pay someone rather than lose my Sundays preparing food for the week.

I really think this is a great business idea for someone to do on a commercial basis & advertise through the local gym for a muscle / high protein version of Lite 'n'Easy. The existing L & E is not suitable. It's actually a very % of carbs -'cos protein is expensive.

Back