Anyone Heard of 'Financial Fastrack' Seminars

W

WebBoard

Hello,
I recently went to an intro seminar for Ed Burtons(Old PS chum) 'Financial Fasttrack' from his accounting company Vie Finance, and i was wondering if anyone has an opinion on it good/bad (or if you have been to it even better).

The course is a standard 2 day 'mind blowing' course about Tax, and accounting aspects of wealth creation.

The main points advertised are:

1. Maximise the Tax Benefits of Property Investing
2. Maximising the tax benefits of motor vehicles
3. Leasing Vs buying
4. Maximising the tax benefits of Finance
5. CGT and FBT
6. Assest protection.
7. Maximising the Tax benefits of home office
8. How to survive a Tax Audit
9. How to invest in offshore Funds.

The main information i am interested in is the asset protection (Company-trust structures) but i think all of it sounds very impressive.

The webpage mentioning his services is http://www.vieeducation.com.au/

The course runs at $800 though but for two days with an account this may seem cheap??...

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated, and if you don't want to 'comment' publicly then please email me.

DaveJ

email: [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone Heard of 'Financial Fastrack' Spam?

Reply: 1

Hi,

I wondered whether Skuma's post was spam and I thought I'd give it the benefit of doubt, but having reread it I've decided it is definitely spam.

There is nothing on offer in the "mind blowing" 2 day course that isn't available for free or cheaply elsewhere.

Get a copy of Australian Property Investor magazine, spend +/-$120, buy four books from "Business Mall" at the rear, and they will give you the same if not more info. If you're really on a tight budget, the local library will help. In short save your money.

Yours without prejudice,

Michael Croft
"The best parachute folders are those who jump themselves."

Reply: 1.1

Assuming Skuma's post was not a spam....

I think it's just like every other seminar that they tell you 1/10th of the story and then tell you that if you want to know "how" they have a "better" course....and of course the price will be "dearer" too...

Regards
yuchun
~ The secret to success is to start from scratch and keep on scratching. ~

Reply: 1.2

Thanks for your response Michael, i forgot how high-and-mighty you have become. I ask a simple question (which i believe this forum is for) and i get branded as spamming!! Very disappointing...

For you information is NOT Spam (i hate that) I was asking the question because this 'conference' information passed by my desk and i was curious as to how good/bad it is. I only requested constructive responses, not blatant c#$p...

Thanks you Yuch for your simple response (it all helps) and my question still stands, if someone has had any dealings with these people or 'Vie Finance' then please respond, either here or privately via email.

Humbly yours,

Skuma

[email protected]

Reply: 1.2.1

Hi Skuma,

My post was a bit holier than thou and I'm sorry you took offense. No apology for my opinion though; having done some research on Vie education I stand by my comments that all and more is available in 4 books which will cost you less than $120.

regards, Michael Croft

Reply: 1.2.1.1

And I'll agree with Michael, 4 books will do nicely -

1. General concept of property investment
2. Motivational - to put house in order
3. Finance structure - how to make the most out of it.
4. Structures such as family trusts - how to protect what you have.

It will get you along nicely and gives you solid foundation.

Once you are under way, look at more sophisticated deals - wraps, flips, lease options, put options, of the plan, renovations, etc.

But then again who will stop you from attending the seminar of any kind. They are always helpful if they priced reasonably. Reasonably I mean $150 - $200 a pop but not $10-15K. You can use $10-15K for deposit...or do university course, just a thought.

Good luck. Let us know what did you learn from the seminar please.
We do ask this question every single person who posted question about seminars and no one (or was someone?) came back and told us anything about it - new ideas I mean. Is it something to do with us or with seminars?

To give you short answer, yes they all good including that one, it is all boils down to how much are you prepared to spend.
Serge.

Reply: 1.2.1.1.1

Being a newbie to this forum and having just discovered the property magazine referred to could anyone advise which books in the back are the best value for money.

Thanks in advance

Reply: 1.2.1.1.1.1

Hi Newbie,

You'll find most common questions have been asked by previous newbies. Your question in particular has already spawned a previous thread.

Search the archives, the answers you seek will reveal themselves.

The forum moves in mysterious ways.

Michael G.
Do or do not, there is no try.

Back