Anyone heard of Urban Promotions?

Is this company fair dinkum or not? They offered me $1500 of shopping vouchers for $130. Can pay by cheque or credit card (which I never do). Apparently you get a book of vouchers worth $1500 and consists of mainly services and food eg buy one and get one free.

Any comments? Thanks.

Alot of schools and other organisations sell those sort of things as fundraisers. I've bought books on occasion when I've been hit up by someone raising funds. Never used sufficient vouchers to cover the what I spent and sometimes I've lost the books. But I only ever bought them to make a donation anyway so it didn't bother me. You need to be more organised than me to make use of them.

Yes, I have had some experience with them.

Look at the coupons in the booklet, find some that you know are "real" and ring them up and ask for more info.

Generally coupon books are a way for businesses to stimulate new customers by using the quieter times of the week to offer cheap deals.

Almost all coupons have restrictions on them, restaurants are almost always week nights or early sittings, hairdressers are Monday, Tuesday, etc etc.

As long as the people selling the book deliver the book it is then up to the traders to honour them correctly.

Add up the coupons you think you will use and see if there is a saving there for you.

We got our moneys worth easily but we were happy to work in with the traders restrictions to do so but you do need to be aware of the time limits on the coupons.

Back