Anyone in Adelaide going to this?

I knew it looked familiar. Xenia from this forum is affiliated with it, so doubtful.

There was recently a bit of bad blood on this forums in regards to her dealings, to sum it up iirc she was found to be spruiking property options to inexperienced 'mum and dad investors' as an easy way to make money and conversely saying on the forum that she has only lost money on these options. Some people then went out and said this was hypocritical. Then some shennagins about pulling certain things from her website but some individuals got these pages of info through Google indexing.

Don't take my word for it, just search Xenia on this forum, her latest posts would be the one in question. Make up your mind from there.

the wealth strategy of these guys used to be:

1. pay us a big fee

2. You have a house? great!

3. Borrow against your house

4. Invest that in the share market via their fund.

5. Leverage that up by using a margin loan

6. ????

7. Profit

this worked great for storm financial clients......... I think they also used to be heavy into agribuinesss as well like timbercorp and great southern...

but anyway I think they are flogging a warrant version of their fund now so scrub out step 5.

essentially you'll be better served just going to a locally recommended financial planner. as these guys are just financial planners...

performance of their fund used to be good once, now its at the bottom end of the spectrum

http://www.investsmart.com.au/managed-funds/profile.asp?function=print&FundID=9850

if you compare it to the 89 funds in the same class that have been operating for 3+ years. sorted by 3 year return it ranks number 86 of 89.

CJ those facts are not correct.

The confusion was caused because I promoted a seminar on writing call options over a share portfolio.

years ago, I expressed an opinion about trading options on the stock market which was bought into the current mix.

I also mentioned that we use property call options to purchase properties for our own portfolio.

the 3 different things got mixed up to the point where I was even confused over what I was supposed to be spruking about. :)

I could have handled it better myself but let's move on.

Comper, there are currently 70 people booked that you can meet and network with.

Steve Navra has been invited to speak about his investing experience not his property fund.

Trading options? Haha unless you have a program behind you, you'll just get eaten up alive usually.

Not to mention retail liquidity is so thin right now the 6-7 big sharks out there are just looking for the unsuspecting broking firm or retail punter and eating them alive.

What could you possibly do as a small-time punter? You can't market make... all you can do is guess which way the majority of the sharks are going, but in reality they all have the same trading platform which means they pick up nearly exactly the same mispricing - so all they do is just wait for mums and dads to come along and share the carcases.

Great to meet you Comper and Joe. Fantastic that you are seeking to expand your wealth and adding to your knowledge at such a young age.

well done. X

Likewise, was great to meet you two :)

Steve was a good speaker, came across very knowledgeable. I agreed with some of what he had to say and I found it interesting that he finds the "timing" aspect of a housing purchase to be so important, this is quite different to the rhetoric I've seen on SS which is generally "time in" rather than "timing" the market. I liked the rental reality formula, seems it's been quite accurate in predicting shorter cycles within the last 15 years or so (on a per city basis).

Where I would disagree with Steve is when he proposed (after I raised a question) that growth in housing above that of inflation/wages is possible because we are heading into a situation where fewer will own and more will rent. I mean it is plausible, but I wouldn't want to invest in an asset which is relying on such a shift...

I'm sure one day the lessons learned at such an event will come in handy. A worthwhile seminar, thanks for hosting Xenia

Likewise, thanks for hosting it Xenia. I disagreed with a couple of statements Steve made, but still learnt a few things so was worthwhile coming. I'll be along to the next one. :)

so what was sold to mum dad investors? Properties, property options or a seminar?

Have you ever attended one of these seminars CJ?

Hi Investor - that is CJs personal opinion and interpretation/perception. These comments are not based on an actual occurrence at a seminar nor a fact. He had never attended any of my seminar nor is he a client of any of my businesses nor has he ever met me in person.

Opulence and Investar thanks for attending - I can't seem to put a face to your avitar right now, I remember speaking with Comper and Joe but can't place you two. Come say hi at the next one.

Once again thanks for attending, I look forward to seeing you soon. X

Back