anyone in the process of buying in cowra?

hi all,

I've just been "outbid" on a cheap house in Cowra by what the real estate agent told me as "an out of town investor".

By any chance, is that person on here?

I'm not annoyed (as i am also looking at others), but i am curious what plans that person has for the house.

Thaks

g

Maybe it's Margaret Lomas :) I've been reading her 20 questions book and she talks about Cowra a lot.

If you don't mind me asking, what attracts you to Cowra?

Cheers,

Jamie

My parents bought 36 acres at Cowra just last October. Been there a few times, a great place. I love their masssive property, and their backing onto a sort of forest, good for hiking.

Can't wait till we get that motorbike up there :)

Yes everyone come to Cowra, yes please. Drive the prices up. I want it to become a city, then I can subdivide the property into 100 or so blocks and become ultra rich, lol

Cowra is where the money is :)

Most of the vineyards in Cowra have had to scale back in the last few years due to water allocations/access. The town isn't going backwards but definitely isn't building industry and infrastructure as quick as some others. As with many Central West towns, ie Orange, Lithgow, Oberon, etc Water is a massive issue at present, the dam levels that supply these towns are critically low.

Just wondering if anyone has looked at/bought in Cowra since this thread was last added to. Pretty good rental returns/ tight rental market! May look there myself for the next cheapie!

A Bunnings has recently gone in over there (albeit one of the smaller ones) which is usually a good indicator of how the town is going! Similar research is done as a Maccas i hear.

Just wondering if anyone has looked at/bought in Cowra since this thread was last added to. Pretty good rental returns/ tight rental market! May look there myself for the next cheapie!

A Bunnings has recently gone in over there (albeit one of the smaller ones) which is usually a good indicator of how the town is going! Similar research is done as a Maccas i hear.

Something to me is missing in Cowra. Maybe now Wyangla is full it might get some good vibes back. I drive through Cowra and Young all the time and Young is pumping and Cowra is pretty dead in comparison. There is something amiss and I can't quite get my head around what it is.

It maybe that Cowra almost has 2 main shopping areas and the businesses are more spread out where Young everything is pretty much on or just off the main drag.

I'd personally be sticking to your home town locko or going to Gladstone.

Cheers,

Something to me is missing in Cowra. Maybe now Wyangla is full it might get some good vibes back. I drive through Cowra and Young all the time and Young is pumping and Cowra is pretty dead in comparison. There is something amiss and I can't quite get my head around what it is.

It maybe that Cowra almost has 2 main shopping areas and the businesses are more spread out where Young everything is pretty much on or just off the main drag.

I'd personally be sticking to your home town locko or going to Gladstone.

Cheers,

I'd agree that something is missing....
Cowra seems 'bogan-esque', for want of a better term; Cheap rent/houses and not many jobs.

According to one of the PMs over there, alot of people are moving there from Bathurst and Orange as rents are too high for them (says alot about the income levels).
People on the dole still pay rent though!

I see it as a good cash-flow town and wouldn't expect major CG, though minor updates (a lot of opp. for that) could bring in pretty good gains imo.

Cheers for the thoughts!

Back