Anyone interested in Knowledge Source seminars ?

Hi, I have a modest IP portfolio and want to grow it quickly. Hence very keen to accelerate my learning.

This may sound silly but I'm interested in paying to attend a Knowledge Source seminar by Bymphna Boholt, who I kind of believe has the whole package: qualifications (including CA CPA), business experience (owned accounting practice), and practical investment experience.

The problem is her seminars are priced in favour of couples ($6000 Ultimate seminar for 2 people , $10000 Quantum Shift for 2 people, can be married couple, de-facto partners, sisters, cousins etc). I'm single and none of friends /family are interested.

This is a long shot but would anyone on this forum be interested in sharing the cost and going to the seminar with me ? No I'm not marketing her seminars; got a 9-5 job in Finance industry at North Sydney; just keen to save some cost. It'll be $3000 each for "Ultimate" or $5000 each for Quantum Shift. I'm happy to go to either , as long as someone would share the cost.

Cheers, Jack ([email protected])

Hi Jack
Save yourself some money and just start hanging around this forum, you will learn much more and much cheaper.

I have a friend who has been attending these seminars for years, she has been going backwards. If you want someone to hold your hand, fine, but don't expect miracles with this stuff.

All you need is the passion and desire to learn.

MTR:)

Hi jack

I'd agree with MTR .

It is worthwhile going to any free seminars ( i still go to free ones if it's from someone I haven't seen - I have tickets to go to results mentoring's parramatta seminar , I might buy the books , but I won't sign up for any further courses ) or low cost ones but you will get as much info from this forum and you will probably pick up on potential hot spots earlier on the forum than you will in the general media .

In the last cycle forumites were buying in unfashionable areas like Logan , rockhamptom and Tasmania before they took off .

The biggest issue here is working out who to listen to , but after a while it will become more obvious who to listen too and as with most aspects of life , there will be disagreements at times.

I remember joining ( 2001 ........ ) and reading everything and finding all the conflicting information just seemed to add to my confusion , a classical example of analysis paralysis , but I persisted , asked questions and got to the point where I knew what to do , rather than having to be told what to do .

One of my concerns with experts who get paid to give advice on investing in a certain investment have an incentive to give advice on what to buy . Sometimes the best advice is not to buy .

My recollection is that some high profile " educators " were promoting mining areas not to long ago ( presumably because they thought they were the best of a bad lot ) . My understanding is that some of these areas have not done well.

Cliff

Like the others said, save the money and hang around here. You will learn more than any seminar, and its free.

Back