Anyone interested in property in Thailand?

I am new to Somersoft so please excuse me if this is posted in the wrong place.

I work with one of the most established and respected property agents in Thailand. The area of the Eastern Seaboard of Thailand is just paradise. Whatever you want from a holiday home, retirement home to building your own exotic dream home, buying a hotel for capital gain or steady income, we have it.

Just as an example you could own:

A batchelor studio appartment with sea view for around 20,000 GBP
A 3 bedroom low rise in the country with your own swimming pool for around 60,000 GBP
An 80 bedroom hotel for around 1,500,000 GBP

Land prices are increasing steadily but at the moment are still very affordable. Constuction cost are very reasonable hence value for money.

Timing is everything and the best deals available are right now.

For more info just send me an email.

[email protected]

Kindest regards

James Lane

You can only own 49% of the title.

I tried to buy some Thailand Real estate 5 years ago, but a local Lawyer confirmed that you must go partners with a Local Thai native, who must hold/own at least 51%. Don't know if this still holds now.

Cheers\
Ant.

Thai time

G`day,

A British mate of mine bought a unit in Thailand by himself (no partners) a couple of years ago. No dramas. I believe that foreigners can buy units/condominiums in Thailand outright, as I guess they are strata titled. When it comes to buying a house with land however, (which is on a different kind of title) I think this is when you have to go into a "partnership" with a Thai national.

This may have something to do with the strong nationalistic/patriotic policies of the government, who are somewhat apprehensive of relatively rich foreigners coming in to buy up all the relatively cheap Thai land. :eek:

Just my thoughts. If someone has more specific details of the appropriate laws, let us know. ;)

Cheers, Rising Sun.

We have been having a few of this type of message lately.

A first time poster tells us about an "opportunity" somewhere else. After a week, and a few responses from others, the poster never replies. The thread gets removed. Often the poster gets banned. But that makes no difference- the spammer has sent his message (I assume "James" is a "him").

Most have been posted with Given and Surnames. Another giveaway.

geoffw said:
We have been having a few of this type of message lately.

A first time poster tells us about an "opportunity" somewhere else. After a week, and a few responses from others, the poster never replies. The thread gets removed. Often the poster gets banned. But that makes no difference- the spammer has sent his message (I assume "James" is a "him").

Most have been posted with Given and Surnames. Another giveaway.
We know this. But if I can find out just a little more I will be polite.

The original poster has not added but members have. Could I buy a unit in Thailand? Quite possibly.

T

Thommo said:
We know this. But if I can find out just a little more I will be polite.

The original poster has not added but members have. Could I buy a unit in Thailand? Quite possibly.
Which is why we wait for a little while.

Appologies if anyone thought tihe message was Spam

For all those out there. I am new to forums and also have been away for a few days so I have not had the opportunity to reply.

To clear things up. I a Brit living in Thailand and work with a highly respected Estate agent in Pattaya.

My function is to open doors to new business, meet and greet any potential investors should they visit us and pass them on to the business end directly with the company.

I will endevor to answer all the messages personally over the next 2 days.

Kindest regards

James

Last edited:
I didnt know there was such a thing as a highly repected Estate agent, must be a Thai thing?

Or perhaps just another "agent thing?"

OK an agent that gets it right most of the time.

I know what you mean from my experiences in the UK with agents but I like the way these guys work and the results they get.

James

James

Maybe you could give a couple of examples of what you percieve to be good examples of investment properties over there and why you think they are good value.

If you want to convince all the doubting thomases you will need detailed info on the specific properties, and maybe also a run down on where the overall market is positioned in Thailand. What the the factors that will drive growth ? What has been the historical growth ?

See Change

XBenX said:
I didnt know there was such a thing as a highly repected Estate agent, must be a Thai thing?

Or perhaps just another "agent thing?"

As a late addition so its not taken the wrong way...

That was particularly harsh to our forumite agents who I view in a different light of course =)

XBenX said:
As a late addition so its not taken the wrong way...

That was particularly harsh to our forumite agents who I view in a different light of course =)
Come on Benny! You can't have two bob each way. Either they is, or they aint :D

James Lane said:
My function is to open doors to new business,

"Opening doors to new business" is soliciting. Soliciting on a public forum (especially one with which you have no prior connection) is spam. You're just lucky the people here are so nice. On other boards I frequent, the mods would have posted your IP and email addresses and you'd find yourself on several questionable mailing lists before you could say, "do what with a donkey?" :D

Basic guide to owning property in Thailand

The following should clear up some of the questions about owning in Thailand.

CAPITAL GAIN
If you are looking for double figures return on your investment then you should be looking at Capital gain. The reason is due to the expanding market in rentals. There are 2 good routes to follow in Thailand with the way the market is structured. The first is to buy 'off-plan' and gain capital appreciation on the property and then rent out, looking at between 8-10% on your investment in rental income. It is not likely you will be able to gain more than this is the current market.
The second is the more preferred route by most investors, is to again buy 'off-plan', which means that there is usually a payment scheme in place to provide the customer with the opportunity to pay in interims rather than one lump sum. Here you have two options, one to sell the property on before completion and the final lump sum payment and receive a relative amount in appreciation, or what until the project is complete and then look into selling, which is where you tend to find that you will gain more in appreciation value due to the project being complete. You will be looking to gain a minimum of 25% in capital gain, provided that you have invested into the right property and project.

A BASIC GUIDE TO BUYING PROPERTY IN THAILAND
A foreigner cannot own land here. To purchase a House a Thai registered company will need to be formed to own the land. The company is set up with majority and minority shares, with the owner being the power of attorney and managing director of that company. The same does not apply for a condo. You can own a condo in your own name. Now the rules that are in place are that any condo building can only have 49% of the total sq. meter owned in foreigners names. From that point if you want to purchase in the building you have to open a Thai registered company. More information on this subject is available at a later date.
The appreciation value of property here at the present moment is around 25% per annum dependent on the property selected. Loans are available in Thailand, they can be achieved, but are not easy to get. An individual needs to provide to the bank 6 months statements. Proof of 50% of the purchase price of any interested property. Passport and Visa. It tends to be more difficult to purchase on developments 'off-plan' with loans, so that tends to be why the payment schemes are in place by the developer.

GETTING YOUR MONEY OUT
Any investment needs to be accompanied by a document called TOR TOR 3. This will state the amount of the original investment and where it came from. An investor will be able to take out of the country the full amount of the original investment. Any capital gain will attract a rate of tax before it can be taken out of the country. However there are other ways to achieve this objective which can be discussed one on one.

I hope this was informative

James Lane

Back