anyone know East Cannington area?

Is a rentable 4 bed brick and tile in East Cannington on 1017sqm for $630K - 12.7k to city - a good price?

I would be doing a retain and build, don't think it's in proposed rezoning area.

What R-code?

Watch out for clay. Also, watch out of canning special town planning scheme which has a pretty hefty development levy. A mate did a feaso in Thomas Road, East Cannington and I think the developer levy was $30k.

A good investment would be to have a chat to Aaron from this site. A couple of hours of his time could be the best investment you ever made. I have seen him speak and he knows all the Perth planning regs backwards.

Aaron Sice?

Perthguy, it's just R20, so it would be a battleaxe retain and build. The house is habitable, good bones brick and tile, just needs a light reno.

Doesn't it cost $30K anywhere to battleaxe a block?

Aaron Sice?

Perthguy, it's just R20, so it would be a battleaxe retain and build. The house is habitable, good bones brick and tile, just needs a light reno.

Doesn't it cost $30K anywhere to battleaxe a block?

I don't think it is R20. What is the source of your info?

very odd, the block came up as being over 6222sqm and zoning of R15

I can't locate it on street view either - it comes up as a big block of vacant land ...

very odd, the block came up as being over 6222sqm and zoning of R15

I can't locate it on street view either - it comes up as a big block of vacant land ...
Probably recently subdivided. At that price, I would guess the R15 would be right. Did the ad mention anything about development or retain and build? Agents are usually all over that.

No, nothing like that. and when i look at the pics, it sure doesn't look like a 1017sqm block to me - If the place was recently subbied, it wouldn't have a shitty old house on it though. 185 crawford st east cannington, can u take a look for me?

Probably recently subdivided. At that price, I would guess the R15 would be right. Did the ad mention anything about development or retain and build? Agents are usually all over that.

Usually a good thing if they're not, means they dont add a premium to it lol

No, nothing like that. and when i look at the pics, it sure doesn't look like a 1017sqm block to me - If the place was recently subbied, it wouldn't have a shitty old house on it though. 185 crawford st east cannington, can u take a look for me?
Looks like it is in the 20-25 ANEF noise contour.

Not recently subdivided eh? http://www.realestate.com.au/property-residential+land-wa-east+cannington-200730879

Old house on a big old block, R15. They have subdivided and retained the original house on lot 903 of the subbie plan. Mystery solved.

Now, what is the minimum and average lot size for R15 again? #lazyweb

yeah I figured it out, original parcel was 6555sqm, found it on street view too

so no idea what zoning it is as the intra maps list it as the old unsubdivided block size, R15 battleaxe is 650sqm min, so that's one more off the list!!

yeah I figured it out, original parcel was 6555sqm, found it on street view too

so no idea what zoning it is as the intra maps list it as the old unsubdivided block size, R15 battleaxe is 650sqm min, so that's one more off the list!!
Yeah, they probably would not have spent all that money subdividing to sell of a duplex block cheap.

gotta investigate everything just incase an RE agent has messed up :)

hmmm, now which suburb do I choose for tonight's RE.com.au viewing?

Think I'll go visit Sydney tonight - just so not feeling good about Perth. Only reason I'm looking here is because I want something I can at least do a reno on, and it's convenient if the place you're reno-ing is where you live.

Reason I have a bad feeling about Perth is that even though this mining boom supposedly still has steam in it, I think it's reached its peak. Without resources in WA, what other reason is there for people to come to Perth? It's hardly a vibrant cosmopolitan city ... look at the city centre, two crap malls and a a handful of pubs.

Main inner-city entertainment district - Northbridge.

Theatre - rubbish at Burswood, and we miss most big acts, though i believe Springsteen is in town at present. Even the Big Day out is caput. If you think of going somewhere for a city holiday within Australia, you think Sydney or Melbourne, but never Perth. We may as well be in a different country over here.

Prices here are ridiculous; I don't think we will have enough of a growing population to fill all the tiny boxes people are building. Seriously, if it wasn't for the mining boom, who would want to live here?

Prices here are ridiculous; I don't think we will have enough of a growing population to fill all the tiny boxes people are building. Seriously, if it wasn't for the mining boom, who would want to live here?

I was here before this mining boom thing came along, when petrol stations ran on rosters, the freeway stopped at canning hwy and so on... and it was all pretty good really. TMB (my new acronym for the mining boom) has been a curse more than anything - crowds of people arriving and clogging up the roads as they reside further and further away out in the boonies

conversely I would ask you what they all do in syd and mel - I have no idea how they keep busy but I think it goes along the lines of serving cappuccinos to each other and somehow the butcher and candlestick maker manage to get a slice of the action?

Back