anyone know East Cannington area?

Can we get back on topic please?

I don't want a triplex site, just a retain and build, maybe, with a rentable house to retain, and future development ...maybe...

Don't try and tell someone from Perth, that there's anything wrong with Perth :)

The comment about sydney and melbourne surviving on the coffee trade really highlights the isolated mentality over here.

The lack of media options over here is also a big problem. The only papers you can buy are the West Australian and The Australian... sure, print media is dying, but that's what people have grown up with.

Can we get back on topic please?

I don't want a triplex site, just a retain and build, maybe, with a rentable house to retain, and future development ...maybe...

Well if a triplex block is cheaper in Spearwood / Hami Hill, I dare say a retain & sub divide etc would be as well ?

thanks guys, those both look good. I don't know Lynwood area, need to do a drive by. Feel a lot better buying in the $500s, Cloverdale and Belmont may be closer to the city, but $650+ is too scary for me.

thanks guys, those both look good. I don't know Lynwood area, need to do a drive by. Feel a lot better buying in the $500s, Cloverdale and Belmont may be closer to the city, but $650+ is too scary for me.
I don't know much about Lynwood. I feel like City of Belmont is coming off a peak... no potential for capital growth for a while. OTOH, Lynwood is probably a bit under valued. It is pretty close to Riverton, which is expensive. Also near Carousel... another bogan shopping centre :D

Carousel is a dream compared to Gonnorhea in Morley - took a quick look in Riverton, may take a drive down that area soon.

Are you going to the Queens Park retain and build open for inspection today?

Yep. Just for something to do and compare against what I've seen. Not to buy. Also I've never been to Queen's Park before, and I've been sitting inside on this computer and sewing all day - hubby is home, he can handle the kids ;)

How does one remove a garage? Both the East Cannington and Lynwood properties are too close to the fence to get a car down the side.

YOu'd have to change the roofline, would it need a whole new roof?

How does one remove a garage? Both the East Cannington and Lynwood properties are too close to the fence to get a car down the side.

YOu'd have to change the roofline, would it need a whole new roof?

I don't think so. As far as I know (with a tile roof) your builder will remove the tiles, increase the wall height at the roofline, cut off the beams and rafters flush with the roof and finish off with flashing. I have seen it done well and it looks very neat. As far as I know you would need a licensed builder to complete this work and it may require a building licence through council. Your builder would be able to advise in that regard.

I have lived in Lynwood, Ferndale, Riverton, Bullcreek, Leeming, Rossmoyne and Willetton. In scale of niceness it goes:

Rossmoyne/Bullcreek
Shelley
Riverton,
Willeton (some surprisingly affordable spots)
Ferndale
Lynwood
Langford (Balga equivalent)

There are nice pockets in each which transcend the lower end of the other.

The Queens Park one is right on the 25 ANEF contour. So technically 20-25 but virtually 25-30 ANEF.

let me know what you think if you happen to go inspection. am pondering if im going as well.

*have seen the floor plan of the old house and kinda turns me off*

Back