anyone know East Cannington area?

So, I went to Queen's Park - $70-80K renovations on existing property before you start the subdividing and block clearing.

A LOT of concrete to remove.

Big old ugly shed at the back to remove, and asbestos fences to remove.

Tiny kitchen, I started knocking out walls in my head.

Bit of asbestos to remove, jarrah boards under the carpet.

Fake brick exterior.

Had one lovely feature though, back bedroom with door to the laundry at the back.

Properties on ether side are battle axed with single storey 4x2s in the back.

7 offers, 20 groups while I was there - no Perthguy - 3 groups whitie Australian like me, the rest Asian - Chinese and Indians - not that that has anything to do with the property, just an observation. All investors from the conversations I overheard.

It's on for $500-$540 - I'll say it will go for $580.

Oh, as I left a plane flew straight over the top of the house, I made sure I pointed it out to everyone, try to put them off. It was pretty loud.

Oh, as I left a plane flew straight over the top of the house, I made sure I pointed it out to everyone, try to put them off. It was pretty loud.

Yeah its on a flight path depending upon which runway is in operation. Still, that hasnt stopped it over tripling in value for me due to the areas good underlying fundamentals :)

So, I went to Queen's Park - $70-80K renovations on existing property before you start the subdividing and block clearing.

A LOT of concrete to remove.

Big old ugly shed at the back to remove, and asbestos fences to remove.

Tiny kitchen, I started knocking out walls in my head.

Bit of asbestos to remove, jarrah boards under the carpet.

Fake brick exterior.

Had one lovely feature though, back bedroom with door to the laundry at the back.

Properties on ether side are battle axed with single storey 4x2s in the back.

7 offers, 20 groups while I was there - no Perthguy - 3 groups whitie Australian like me, the rest Asian - Chinese and Indians - not that that has anything to do with the property, just an observation. All investors from the conversations I overheard.

It's on for $500-$540 - I'll say it will go for $580.

70-80k is a whole lot of renovations, must be unrentable??

yep, rentable only to a family of meercats

a coat of paint and some new carpet can cost less than 5k if your prepared to paint yourself. this brightens up a house heaps and for bugger all. i think your perceptions on some things maybe a little off because i recall you saying something along the lines of a vic park property you looked at would need a 200k renovation..

no Perthguy
I was there!

Ok. Zero street appeal, clad in asbestos, asbestos fence, laundry was asbestos, verandah roof was asbestos, some of the shed was asbestos.

It's a pretty lousy layout tiny house. I think you can't get to the only toilet without going outside or through a bedroom :eek:

When I left there were 3 offers up to close to the high end of the range. Plane was VERY loud. I was outta there... :mad:

YOu must have left before I got there, there were 7 offers by the time I left.

I didn't pick the cladding was asbestos. Laundry was and that storage thing at the other end of the "patio".

What do you think it will go for?

YOu must have left before I got there, there were 7 offers by the time I left.

I didn't pick the cladding was asbestos. Laundry was and that storage thing at the other end of the "patio".

What do you think it will go for?
No idea really. I wiped QP of my list ages ago so I am out of touch with the area. 580 pops into my head but realistically 550+ ???

I kept looking at people's shoes!!!

I had trouble figuring out how you'd make that place look like it had some street appeal, but at the end of the day, it was just a big box.

I was there!

Ok. Zero street appeal, clad in asbestos, asbestos fence, laundry was asbestos, verandah roof was asbestos, some of the shed was asbestos.

It's a pretty lousy layout tiny house. I think you can't get to the only toilet without going outside or through a bedroom :eek:

When I left there were 3 offers up to close to the high end of the range. Plane was VERY loud. I was outta there... :mad:

knew people would reach and overpay for that. didn't bother going as well, why the heck did they design it that only way to go toilet is go outside house. imagine peeing in middle of winter at night.

basically they are buying a piece of land that needs demolition etc etc.. doubt they'd make money as well judging from selling prices of new houses nearby. not too bad buy though if 500k.

I agree eks, the toilet situation was weird, you either go through a bedroom or outside from the kitchen. The bathroom was so small. I didn't trust what was under that wallpaper. You'd need to be knocking out walls to open it up ... not worth it.

PG tall white guy, I saw different combinations of clothing with sneakers, but no business shirts with sneakers.

Oooh, and there was a scary looking bogan living right across the street!

Back