Anyone know how to get aerial/Sat photos?

Hey guys, looking for some advice, i would like a pre 2007 photo of eatons crossing road area in eatons hill, north of brisbane QLD.

Nearmaps only goes back to 2007 and google maps sits about 2009.

Any experts know of a place to get such a thing?

Sorry if its in the wrong forum- wasnt sure where to go!

qld gov dept of environment and resource management has a library of aerial photos.

have a look at the derm website

Pretty sure I've seen earlier aerial photos of Brisbane that I found on the BC Council website somewhere.... though they might have been from the 1940's.....:rolleyes:

Use Google Earth- there is a tool called 'Historical Imagery'. You can flick back to around 2001 for my area of Brisbane. The resolution isn't amazing on some of the photos but better than nothing.

Otherwise, get the aerial photos from DERM- did this recently for a field site on Straddie and got pics going back to the 1950s!

Use Google Earth- there is a tool called 'Historical Imagery'. You can flick back to around 2001 for my area of Brisbane. The resolution isn't amazing on some of the photos but better than nothing.

Otherwise, get the aerial photos from DERM- did this recently for a field site on Straddie and got pics going back to the 1950s!

Thanks for that- Google earth did the trick- EXACTLY what i was looking for, it went back 12 years on a slider so i could do a great timeline.........

And Rolf- It is a spoilt generation that i live in i know!!!!!

Good tip about DERM imagery. (Although I recently got marked down on a piece of assessment as it has changed/been broken down to DEHP (pronounced derp derp)- Department of Environment and Heritage Protection).

You can also check Brisbane PDOnline Interactive Mapping to see aerial images from 1946, 2007 and 2009.

It doesn't have the flexibility of only going back 12 years but can sometimes be useful to see what was around in 1946 (easiest way to determine if a house is pre 1946, bit off topic but you had a pre1946 property in a DCP and 3 in a row then you will have a hard time getting it removed).

Back