Anyone used Binvested?

I've used B Invested buyers agency service and their property deal finder software.

We bought an IP through them and are happy with the outcome. The IP is in high demand suburb of western Sydney, slightly positively geared, very good rental demand despite it in need of cosmetics (paint, bathroom cupboard).

We were close to getting another one off them. We had to be patient and choose an IP that was suitable for our needs as he will present a myriad of stuff. He's a contrarian and have achieve a hell of a lot so take note.

1st and only post...

Deep behind enemy lines!

1st and only post...

Deep behind enemy lines!
LOL

What are you paying a Buyer's Agent for again?

Because they felt they couldn't do it on their own-and yet they did.

When I was 8 I learnt to ride a bicycle. A seemingly impossible task. My aunty held the bike up and ran behind me. I spoke to her over my shoulder telling her what fun I was having and when I looked she was no longer there- having let me go 50 yards earlier. I was doing it myself and I didn't even know.

I can't remember who it was from somersoft but someone told me Nathan tried selling them a place that was under market value in a mining town with 20% vacancy rate.. He's got a lot of clients.. Not sure how he finds deals for all of em.. It's not hard to find discounted properties..Just use realestateinvestar lol

The cynicism in this thread is reflective of the cynicism of the forum as a whole. Although it's definitely not unprovoked, especially when the sharks are out in forces to take novice investors for a ride during hot times in the market such as now.

In regards to using BA, I believe there's definitely value in it especially if you're only just starting out and time is of the essence due to the velocity at which property's prices are growing at current times. Lack of experience and fear of making mistake could be paralyzing causing novice investors to miss the right opportunity to strike. If using a BA means they will commit to take action and pick the right property at the right time and stand to capitalize on the growth spurt then why not? It's easy to bash something when you have no need for it: many of the posters here are seasoned and experienced investors with years and multiple properties under their belt and hence have no need for the service of a BA. But to a fresh-faced investor just starting out, a helping hand could add tremendous confidence in taking that dive.

No one is doubting the validity of what you are saying here.
As a forum and a community we are able to discuss the credibility of BA's and then able to refer fresh or newer investors in the right direction and aid them in their journey.
No one is BA bashing here.

The cynicism in this thread is reflective of the cynicism of the forum as a whole. Although it's definitely not unprovoked, especially when the sharks are out in forces to take novice investors for a ride during hot times in the market such as now.

In regards to using BA, I believe there's definitely value in it especially if you're only just starting out and time is of the essence due to the velocity at which property's prices are growing at current times. Lack of experience and fear of making mistake could be paralyzing causing novice investors to miss the right opportunity to strike. If using a BA means they will commit to take action and pick the right property at the right time and stand to capitalize on the growth spurt then why not? It's easy to bash something when you have no need for it: many of the posters here are seasoned and experienced investors with years and multiple properties under their belt and hence have no need for the service of a BA. But to a fresh-faced investor just starting out, a helping hand could add tremendous confidence in taking that dive.

I don't know much about Nathans business nor have I met him, but I do enjoy watching some of his YouTube content and I find some of it inspiring too :)

It came up on my facebook feed and I watched a couple, something things I agree with but some I was smacking my head going how did you not know this.

In one of the videos he was on holidays at the gold coast and he doesn't now what they were selling but they wanted him to go to a hotel for a couple of hours and they would get free tickets to movie world (or $10 tickets). He thinks it was timeshare but says be warned... I am the same age as him and I know it is either timeshare or OTP sales... Yet he says he has I high IQ?

You need to read between the lines of what he says and you will get the true story.

In the video about 'is it better to buy one house or two apartments' he talked about a 1M house dropping by 200k during a GFC. Which I agree can happen but then makes a stupid comment about the 4x 250k properites will not drop down to 50k... Umm that isn't the same % as you are in theory that the 1M property could drop by 800k (which it wouldn't happen). The 250k properties can surely drop by 50k though (which would be a total 200k)...

He also mentioned in a video and on his website (http://nathanbirch.com.au/aboutnathan.html) he has a property portfolio of 25M with loans of 10M but owns 150 something property (he has lost count!). If I had 152 properties I would know when I bought one more (153)... Maybe he doesn't have a good memory nevertheless lets break down 25M portfolio...

$25,000,000 / 150 = $166,666.66 is the average property

Yet says buy in Syd, Melb, Bris due to infrastructure... Don't know about Syd or Bris market but in Melb I think you would struggle to find an average of 166k for apartments.

Also the rental income is over 2M (according to website) which means each property is giving him $256 pw on avg (just to hit 2M).

Lets look at some deals...
http://www.news.com.au/finance/real...o-worth-millions/story-fnd91nhy-1227051194576

Extract:
Earlier this year he bought a block of 40 units in the Blue Mountains, which he believes will earn him $400,000 in annual income.

The building was a former motel valued at $4 million, but Mr Birch?s hard bargaining meant he nabbed it for just $1.66 million.

Do these 40 units = 40 properties? Also he expects to rent each property for $200 a week for a motel room in the blue mountains and have all of them rented... Good luck!

Negotiations skills are amazing I would almost suspect gang activity to negotiate a 4M property for less than half (1.66M)!! Who in their right mind would leave 2.4M sitting on the table?

Okay lets take another one...

Extract:
He also recently bought a property in Ipswich, near Brisbane, for $35,000 when comparable properties were selling for $150,000.

The article is dated Sept 2014 so recent would be last year, where do you find a house or apartment for 150k? According to RE.com the meidan apartment price in Ipswich the lowest it has been was 250k in 2006.

Again lets skip that fact - **** this guy is amazing! He bought a property at basically 80% less than value? Holy **** get me his number and ill give him a property to buy and ill pay him 10% of the purchase price if he can negotiate 80% off...

Yet his website says 'No ********' just transparent information... Please

I think it's time for a poll!
How many people have used a buyer's agent. It'll be interesting to see what ratio of SS members have used this service before.

It came up on my facebook feed and I watched a couple, something things I agree with but some I was smacking my head going how did you not know this.

In one of the videos he was on holidays at the gold coast and he doesn't now what they were selling but they wanted him to go to a hotel for a couple of hours and they would get free tickets to movie world (or $10 tickets). He thinks it was timeshare but says be warned... I am the same age as him and I know it is either timeshare or OTP sales... Yet he says he has I high IQ?

You need to read between the lines of what he says and you will get the true story.

In the video about 'is it better to buy one house or two apartments' he talked about a 1M house dropping by 200k during a GFC. Which I agree can happen but then makes a stupid comment about the 4x 250k properites will not drop down to 50k... Umm that isn't the same % as you are in theory that the 1M property could drop by 800k (which it wouldn't happen). The 250k properties can surely drop by 50k though (which would be a total 200k)...

He also mentioned in a video and on his website (http://nathanbirch.com.au/aboutnathan.html) he has a property portfolio of 25M with loans of 10M but owns 150 something property (he has lost count!). If I had 152 properties I would know when I bought one more (153)... Maybe he doesn't have a good memory nevertheless lets break down 25M portfolio...

$25,000,000 / 150 = $166,666.66 is the average property

Yet says buy in Syd, Melb, Bris due to infrastructure... Don't know about Syd or Bris market but in Melb I think you would struggle to find an average of 166k for apartments.

Also the rental income is over 2M (according to website) which means each property is giving him $256 pw on avg (just to hit 2M).

Lets look at some deals...
http://www.news.com.au/finance/real...o-worth-millions/story-fnd91nhy-1227051194576

Extract:
Earlier this year he bought a block of 40 units in the Blue Mountains, which he believes will earn him $400,000 in annual income.

The building was a former motel valued at $4 million, but Mr Birch?s hard bargaining meant he nabbed it for just $1.66 million.

Do these 40 units = 40 properties? Also he expects to rent each property for $200 a week for a motel room in the blue mountains and have all of them rented... Good luck!

Negotiations skills are amazing I would almost suspect gang activity to negotiate a 4M property for less than half (1.66M)!! Who in their right mind would leave 2.4M sitting on the table?

Okay lets take another one...

Extract:
He also recently bought a property in Ipswich, near Brisbane, for $35,000 when comparable properties were selling for $150,000.

The article is dated Sept 2014 so recent would be last year, where do you find a house or apartment for 150k? According to RE.com the meidan apartment price in Ipswich the lowest it has been was 250k in 2006.

Again lets skip that fact - **** this guy is amazing! He bought a property at basically 80% less than value? Holy **** get me his number and ill give him a property to buy and ill pay him 10% of the purchase price if he can negotiate 80% off...

Yet his website says 'No ********' just transparent information... Please

This is where my issue is..
You see what he has produced and believe he can do it for you too.
You pay $200 and attend a MAP session with them.
From this goals are set etc.

I enquired some time ago and said my goals and strategy is already set.
I just want to consult with some of the senior staff their and pay for their time to teach me:
1. How they source their deals
2. What constitutes as good deal
3. Calculations, fundamentals etc..

But they are not going to teach you this.
I'll tell you why.

Where do you think their main revenue stream comes from? Buyers agent fees.
So if they have X amount of clients already locked and loaded ready to buy because they are in awe of Nathan and blinded by their desire to be like him, then the only job they need to do is to source properties (which there is not enough of and also a conflict of interest as they may only put forward ones they don't want).
So at 10k a pop it's a good business.

But many are confused that they will become like Nathan.
Nathan deserves credit, he is self made and put in the hard yards..

It's the old adage: give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime.
They are definitely not teaching clients how to fish.
If they did wouldn't their whole business model be defunct?

Their is a certain hype surrounding these guys which is contagious.
But their is no free lunch in this world.

All the best to him and his clients.

I enquired some time ago and said my goals and strategy is already set.
I just want to consult with some of the senior staff their and pay for their time to teach me:
1. How they source their deals
2. What constitutes as good deal
3. Calculations, fundamentals etc..

Based on my observations the answers to your questions are...

1. Internet search bot that crawls various listings.
2. 6% or higher rental yield.
3. IF (rent > [purchase price x 6%]) investigate, else ignore.

Frankly I don't think these guys are putting a lot of effort into due diligence. They've got a basic yield based strategy. If they can improve it by adding value then that's great, but it does ignore a lot of fundamentals.

Based on my observations the answers to your questions are...

1. Internet search bot that crawls various listings.
2. 6% or higher rental yield.
3. IF (rent > [purchase price x 6%]) investigate, else ignore.

Frankly I don't think these guys are putting a lot of effort into due diligence. They've got a basic yield based strategy. If they can improve it by adding value then that's great, but it does ignore a lot of fundamentals.

Hi Peter. I agree.
I was not serious in my pursuit of their methodology. Just wanted to see how transparent they would be.

I'm looking for a BA. Yes.

Hi guys,
ummm pretty heavy forum. Just my 2cents.
I'm looking for (and yes will be using) a BA in Brisbane and surrounding areas. Because I am now living and working overseas and still wanna keep investing. I need someone to do the leg work and I don't mind paying for it. Saves me time and money and energy flying back and forth to and from Australia. Of course, I'll use my own god-given brain and analytical skills. But I think BA is a value add for clients who are away, super busy, time poor, cash rich, property lovers.

I used to live in Sydney and did all the reseach to buy my 5 properties. I love researching, had all the time in the world, and loved weekend viewings. That's just me. My friends/colleagues - they dread these weekend viewings. They think it's a waste of time and overwhelming process. I'd love to charge them and help out so they can go out on a Friday night and be hungover and in bed on weekends. :)
Anyway, just my opinion about BAs.

Take it easy guys. :)

Hi guys,
ummm pretty heavy forum. Just my 2cents.
I'm looking for (and yes will be using) a BA in Brisbane and surrounding areas. Because I am now living and working overseas and still wanna keep investing. I need someone to do the leg work and I don't mind paying for it. Saves me time and money and energy flying back and forth to and from Australia. Of course, I'll use my own god-given brain and analytical skills. But I think BA is a value add for clients who are away, super busy, time poor, cash rich, property lovers.

I used to live in Sydney and did all the reseach to buy my 5 properties. I love researching, had all the time in the world, and loved weekend viewings. That's just me. My friends/colleagues - they dread these weekend viewings. They think it's a waste of time and overwhelming process. I'd love to charge them and help out so they can go out on a Friday night and be hungover and in bed on weekends. :)
Anyway, just my opinion about BAs.

Take it easy guys. :)

Who are you using?
I hear Simon Pressley from Propertyology got buyers agent of the year? I like the stuff they post on facebook and twitter. Quite informative.

Who are you using?
I hear Simon Pressley from Propertyology got buyers agent of the year? I like the stuff they post on facebook and twitter. Quite informative.

Thanks ej89. I'll check it out.
I'm still looking for one. I'm a bit picky because I know what I want. Hope I find one that clicks with me. :)

Binvested announced today that their MAP sessions would cost $999..They got a little upset when someone wrote a negative comment regarding their prices... If anyone pays $999 for a MAP session you're getting ripped off.. $300 was a rip off in the first place...I did a group one for that price.. Biggest waste of money. I learnt more in one RPG forum that costs me $10...

I really don't know how Binvested have any clients at all. They not only have poor customer service but abusive customer service. I have commented a couple of times on their videos showing property gains when their numbers make some rather optimistic assumptions and I just got abused by their staff. Aggressive, abusive tactics result in me never contemplating being their client and also telling everyone I know to stay well clear.

I really don't know how Binvested have any clients at all. They not only have poor customer service but abusive customer service. I have commented a couple of times on their videos showing property gains when their numbers make some rather optimistic assumptions and I just got abused by their staff. Aggressive, abusive tactics result in me never contemplating being their client and also telling everyone I know to stay well clear.

I follow them on facebook for giggles, I love reading their staff replies when someone questions anything about the way they conduct business..
Pass the popcorn!

I believe they have the infamous 'Stef', whether it be a male or female, 'Stef' is a ferocious terrier ready to attack anyone who dares to question its Master ie 'Nathan'. 'Stef' is let off the leash the moment someone comes near Master Nathan to point out that presented numbers just don't stack up and property across all markets does not double in value every 7 years. 'Stef' snarls and barks cutting the questioner down with vicious efficiency so they never bother Master Nathan again. As someone bitten by 'Stef' on more than one occasion I can safely say that I won't be bothered going near Master Nathan any time soon.

I believe they have the infamous 'Stef', whether it be a male or female, 'Stef' is a ferocious terrier ready to attack anyone who dares to question its Master ie 'Nathan'. 'Stef' is let off the leash the moment someone comes near Master Nathan to point out that presented numbers just don't stack up and property across all markets does not double in value every 7 years. 'Stef' snarls and barks cutting the questioner down with vicious efficiency so they never bother Master Nathan again. As someone bitten by 'Stef' on more than one occasion I can safely say that I won't be bothered going near Master Nathan any time soon.

C'mon, don't you find her hilarious? :D

Hahaha gold.

Back