Anyone used lino flooring recently?

I've got this old house with uneven flooring which has lino (or do they call it vinyl nowadays?) on the floor in the kitchen, bathroom, toilet and laundry areas. I'll be doing a cheapish reno soon and will replace the lino. I think the floor is too uneven for tiles plus it's too cold underfoot.

Can anyone recommend a good colour/design which is popular at the moment. Should I go with a fake tile look or something continuous? Did the black and white checkerboard design make a comeback or is out of vogue? The house is in inner city Melbourne if it makes any difference.

black-and-white-checkerboard-floor-tile.jpg

This is the current kitchen.. I'll be changing the kitchen doors, kickboards and draw fronts to white colour.

SPh5Ndw.jpg

I think after a while the black and white checkerboard along with the existing tile splash back would send someone crazy!

I'd probably look at just putting new vinyl or vinyl planks/tiles over the top of the existing stuff.
they come in any pattern you could imagine.

Hmmm... the floor would be fine but the checkered splashback is just too much. If it was me, and I like the checkered flood, I would replace the checkered splashback.

Painting the cupboards white will go well with the proposed floor.

Painting the cupboards white will go well with the proposed floor.

It's better to remove the doors and replace them with 16mm whiteboard that's been cut to the same size. I'll do the same for the kickboards and side panels so the kitchen will be completely white.

Yes I'll pull off the red and black tiles and re-tile the splashback with white glossy 200 x 200mm tiles. I'll leave the benchtop and carcasses alone.

We got vinyl sheet flooring for our PPR nearly 12 months ago. Ours had tiles and floating floors at different levels in the living/dining room so vinyl was the only real option. They had to put down ardit (sp?) first to self level.

We went with a light floorboard look vinyl. A few people assumed we had floorboards.

It takes a little while to get used to little feet running barefoot on it. It almost sounds plastic.

We got vinyl sheet flooring for our PPR nearly 12 months ago. Ours had tiles and floating floors at different levels in the living/dining room so vinyl was the only real option. They had to put down ardit (sp?) first to self level.

We went with a light floorboard look vinyl. A few people assumed we had floorboards.

It takes a little while to get used to little feet running barefoot on it. It almost sounds plastic.

Thanks beachgurl, that's exactly the type of info I'm after. Can you please tell me the name of the stuff you used and the color code/manufacturer if possible. So it came in a roll? Are you happy with it? Any regrets?

Back