Anyone watching My Kitchen Rules

Yep - here's another sucker ... love that it's normal people cooking food that we can all achieve (but probably never will).

After disliking the twins at first - they're not so bad ... especially compared to the two immature and stuck up cows from Perth. Can't wait until they have to cook, but unfortunately they are last.

Loving the Canberra and NSW couples.

No way,
Any show that involves phone polls, subjective judging or elimination will never see light of day in my house.

No way,
Any show that involves phone polls, subjective judging or elimination will never see light of day in my house.

wow! you are most welcome in my house any time!!!

You and me must be the only two in Australia,

Ive never watched a single episode of
Australias got NO Talent
Australian Idol
X-Factor
DWTS
Big Brother
MKR
Master Chef
Renovation Rescue
Block

I call it artificial fame, where your fall will be as quick as your rise

That's cool and each to their own. I only watch MKR and snippets of The Block ... can't stand the rest either ... although did enjoy The Voice last year ... will try to avoid it this season tho

Yep - here's another sucker ... love that it's normal people cooking food that we can all achieve (but probably never will).

After disliking the twins at first - they're not so bad ... especially compared to the two immature and stuck up cows from Perth. Can't wait until they have to cook, but unfortunately they are last.

Loving the Canberra and NSW couples.

"Normal people cooking food that we can achieve", speak for yourself Lizzie, I can not achieve this, that's why DH is the chef in the family:p

"Normal people cooking food that we can achieve", speak for yourself Lizzie, I can not achieve this, that's why DH is the chef in the family:p

I find those cooking shows dumb

If you want a show that caters for "normal people cooking and what they can achieve"

Watch Jamie Oliver
Luke.Nguyen
Ainsley. Harris
Huey
Kylie kwan

Don't watch po, she has no idea

Those stupid mkr type shows are based on bitching, complaining, back stabbing, mocking eachother and other associated drama

wow! you are most welcome in my house any time!!!

You and me must be the only two in Australia,

Ive never watched a single episode of
Australias got NO Talent
Australian Idol
X-Factor
DWTS
Big Brother
MKR
Master Chef
Renovation Rescue
Block

I call it artificial fame, where your fall will be as quick as your rise

If you've never watched an episode how do you know what you're missing??
At least some of the shows you've mentioned (MKR, etc) are based on skill and not just standing around flexing your mussels. It's just entertainment, no different to reading a sci-fi book or watching a fictional movie.

Yep love it! Haven't got a favourite couple yet but like the Cheese couple. The older blonde lady looks interesting as well. Neither of the Gen Y female couples thrill me at all but I'm in for the backstabbing and bitchiness that is bound to start. Don't really know who else is in it.

And as for young Perth women being stuck up bitches - this is just like real life according to all my single male friends.

Federal elections are the WORST. :D

Ironically enough, I did watch the federal election. Mostly because I wanted to watch an awesome landslide and they didn't disappoint :)

It's not subjective judging though, since you either have the 50% votes or you don't. It's not "lets rally everyone together to repetitively call in since this guys from WA"

No way,
Correct.

Those shows become all about the people in the end.

Fine if that's what you want, but if I want to watch a soap opera, there are a few on.

The producers carefully script and plan these shows for drama etc.

I don't want to watch real people in action squabbling, bitchiness, crying and angsting over stuff either planned or ad-lib such as shows like MKR, or Master Chef, or Survivor, Big Brother, Biggest Loser, or whatever, and looking for a "15 mins of fame" moment.

I like escape from reality such as movies and fiction novels...

Or doccos about animals - that's real.

I do give all those other sorts of shows a try to at least attempt to keep and open mind, but find I am over them after about half an episode.

But, if you like those types of shows, then that's fine; we're all different

Yes, we are all different.

Your right producers script these shows for maximum drama, and the people they select on these shows is not an accident that's for sure, its all about ratings.

Its just fun, could also watch "The Young and Useless"... nice to watch many shows, some good documentaries, movies, reality shows I like to mix it a bit.

However I will draw the line when it comes to the Kardashians?? (Sp)

MTR:)

the Kardashians?? (Sp)

MTR:)
OMG!!! Pleeeese!

What is scary is that there are enough humans in the world who would watch that sort of thing to make it viable enough to make a show about them in the first place. :eek:

I worry about us humans sometimes.

I worked for a few years in a film funding organisation, and for the first series of Australian Idol (I think it was) the tv network covered their production costs and made money just from the sms votes people made. That is, each vote made, the TV station got a payment from the telco.

That's why all the shows have phone voting now: it's another revenue stream.

The twins from Melb did very well last night scoring 10s for some of their meals, they can cook, authentic Greek food, loved their menu.

Back