Anyone win lotto last night? No? Didn't think so,

stop!

it was psych...made you look...!!

STOP!

it was a psych out - a joke - a made you look - someone you knew won something - i didn't even play.

i was wondering if anyone had noticed i've been bleating about NOT buying a ticket and would bring it up.

gotta nail it before it got outta hand - bad joke - sorry. :eek:

I didn't buy a ticket myself, but threw in $20 bucks to the work syndicate only because I didn't want to be that person who isn't in it when the rest of the team wins the big one and pisses off for greener pastures.

I know a fair bit of lotto money goes to charities, so it's not a total waste of money if you don't win.

Neighbour of mine left work to have her first child and stopped putting in to the work syndicate. About a month later she would have won $20K (about 20 years ago). Bummer :mad:.

Until about a year ago my elderley ex-neighbour used to put in a ticket (or whatever they are called) for us both. I think we lost more than we won, but we did get regular little wins. It was her other neighbour who I mentioned in the first sentence, so I was never game to drop the tickets. I think we "donated" about $3.50 a week or something. My neighbour knew our numbers off by heart and I would have stopped sooner if she didn't but I knew she would check them each week and tell me if we missed out :).

Now she has gone into a nursing home, we no longer play. I was not game to stop because my neighbour knew our numbers but now she doesn't even watch the draws (I hope).

Last edited:
STOP!

it was a psych out - a joke - a made you look - someone you knew won something - i didn't even play.

i was wondering if anyone had noticed i've been bleating about NOT buying a ticket and would bring it up.

gotta nail it before it got outta hand - bad joke - sorry. :eek:

call me a sucker then, u had me BC.....i didnt see the joke actually, didnt read the whole thread either i suppose.....bit backward in qld..we only just got rid of pigeon couriers up here! (joke!, joke!)u tight ar$e, go but a ticket, a add to the govt coffers...

Hell,I thought he'd won too! I got four numbers too; I kept checking and rechecking just in case I could find 3 more!

Well my mother says it's rigged!:eek::eek:

She says they hold back the odd number from the draw so that noone wins it for ages.......:rolleyes:

Yes, Mum.

Then she says: "And you never hear what happened to the people that win it, do you? I think they work for Lotto or whatever it is..."

Yes Mum.......:eek:

Regards JO

Haha.

Lady at work (who has no money) said she kept thinking about what she'd do with the money if she won. She said she was so confused and worried about it that she's glad she didn't win as it would be too stressful deciding what to do.:eek:

She also said "I'm too young to retire anyway. What would I do all day?"

I just said she could have given most to me and just keep how much she needs. :D

My sister in-laws brother won lotto twice. $500,000 first time (syndicate at work- he didn't sell all the shares so he bought 5 at $1,000 a share). Not sure how much second time.

I've heard that some people that win, win again (I don't know the stats though).

quick story: i purchased a dozen joke type scratchy tickets from ebay last year...they were all winning prizes ranging from 10k to 100k.......gave them out to friends and relatives.......all were shocked initially but everyone bar one took it well when they read the back of the ticket and it said you have been conned, its not a real ticket..

my next door neighbour called me as i gave them one the day before just for the hell of it..........

first call he told me to sit down and that we had won 100k...he had (in his mind) spent his share on a new car, holiday and a honda mower..............

i let him go for a bit then told him to double check the ticket, read the back....and i hung up.

20 minutes past: he rang me back, called me every name under the sun and worse! he was not a happy chap.

i told him to settle petel, its just a joke......he didnt see the funny side at all......his wife was on his case big time to boot!

next day i received really ferel emails to my work address, im mean so ferel i was shocked and im pretty worldly.....

he rang again when i got him that evening, gave it to me gain!

id had enough so i rang his isp, emailed them the email and his account was closed...

since that day he hasnt spoke one word to me, just one grunt at shopping recently........i sold my house a few months ago just after he moved as well.....

casing point; pick your targets when playing games when money is involved! be it is jest cause some punters just cannot see the light..

he turned out to be such a stiff, last time i saw him i went out of my way to ask if he was still driving his old vp commodore?

all i got was a grunt, closest he's come to acknowledging me in 12 mths...

we still laugh about it here...

cheers

I took a ticket - hell it was 100 million !!! Of course didnt win :(However, I love my job and would still turn up no matter what money was in the bank. Got to find something in life you love... then its not really like work.

would have donated a big chunk to charity if I had won. Could have mede some real significant difference in the world with that much.

well! strike me down and call me lucky! we have a winner, first ticket, for years, and i won, so you have to be in it to win it, very happy first day of the year and all, ;)

I made more money by not playing again.
Yes GR it is a joke, or even a hoax.
The radio announcer literally said "they are giving away $90 million"!
Giving away? they took in 200 and they are giving it away!?

I'd start my own lottery company if I could, but it's illegal gambling unless it's the government, and they dont want competition.

I'd start my own lottery company if I could, but it's illegal gambling unless it's the government, and they dont want competition.

you can just buy the nsw lotteries ... up for sale, same as every other income producing asset that the hopeless labor gvmnt can flog off.

returns apparently around 10% net profit.

returns apparently around 10% net profit.

That's because it's a government dept.
I would'nt want to buy their problems.
And of course I have no intentions of attending party fundraisers and/or make political donations, so the chance of them talking to me (regardless of which party) are next to nill, and makeing a deal a even less.

I normally don't waste money on lotto, but the other half wanted to join in the little syndicate at work. It cost us $20 to join in, and we got a few numbers :) I haven't checked, but i'm guessing we'll at least double our money on this investment. I can already see look i'm gonna get for mocking her investment advice about lotto :rolleyes:

edit: congrats Craig! lucky bugger

Back