Anything easier than MYOB?

Xero is much much much simpler than MYOB which is now old and outdated and a terrible company to deal with. Just ask any accountant that uses the MYOB Accountants Office tax software which is a nightmare after they forced everyone to "upgrade" to their new version which reduces efficiency dramatically!

Definitely no problem with entering non-invoiced income - just code the deposit to sales - simple as. The auto reconciliation feature with auto bank feeds is fantastic. Can also add-on payroll which is not too bad although the integration is a pain.

It has a few frustrations for accountants but great for users.

Even better is BankLink although not so good now MYOB has bought it - they will probably stuff this company up as well now. Banklink can only be done via an accountant.

Not a fan of Cashflow Manager as it is just a glorified Excel spreadsheet not even close to a proper accounting system.

my dad who didnt use a computer until he had to do bas statments can use cashflow manager. so it cant very hard to use

Hi Lizzie,

I have to admit I find it awkward and clunky at times. It is great for basics but we use it for our business and I've found there are many things wrong with it. The reconciliation for one is not final and when you are transferring money to different accounts....you can throw figures out that have been reconciled months ago by entering the wrong date.

I have resigned myself to it now and find it's "better the devil you know."

Wish I had the time to learn another.:eek:

JO

Hi Lizzie,

I have to admit I find it awkward and clunky at times. It is great for basics but we use it for our business and I've found there are many things wrong with it. The reconciliation for one is not final and when you are transferring money to different accounts....you can throw figures out that have been reconciled months ago by entering the wrong date.

I have resigned myself to it now and find it's "better the devil you know."

Wish I had the time to learn another.:eek:

JO

The way to stop this is to lock the reconciled (both Bank account and once your BAS - if required - has been completed) period. Entries prior to the locked period cannot be posted to MYOB. It is in the setup - prference tab. PM me if you like and I can step you through it.

Cheers.

Back